Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The chinese are accusing the american military of starting the virus. They say that they acknowledge the virus started in china but feel there are links to a closed down military base in the US and that the virus wss released in Wuhan.

I think their theory is the Americans had a leak at a military virus outlet and brought it over to Wuhan for some military games that were held there in October  ... they used a similar deflection tactic last year by accusing the  American government of supporting public protests in Hong Kong in an effort to weaken the party’s rule , so i don't think anyone is taking them seriously (outside of China at least)

• Like 1

How long until the first bank failures, I’m starting to think there might be a Cyprus 2013 thing going on soon? People will be lining up round the block to withdraw their toilet roll currency to go and line up to exchange it for toilet roll! 

Just now, LondonLax said:

Again, I’d just like you to provide your sources for these claims.

Which 'claim' is that? That flu causes pneumonia? That isn't something that needs a source.. Pneumonia causes scarring to the lungs, not coronavirus or flu. Pneumonia is a symptom of infection from both diseases as the body tries to fight off the virus.

The Aussie flue generally has a much quicker and heavier onset of fever than corona in most of the population (80%) as per the CDC, WHO etc. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

This is Probably the most accurate source with regards to volumes, frequencies and durations mate. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries 

Thanks. This is a good site but it’s based on tests isn’t it? It’s hard to believe the numbers can be that low in places like the African continent and India for example.

Airline companies, hotels and pretty much anything in regard to travel and tourism is imploding in Sweden.

SAS (scandinavian airlines) are flagging for letting 90% of their staff go, about 10.000 people. Finnair (Finish airlines) are dropping 90% of their flights. 

Scandic, one of the big hotel chains are flagging for letting 5000 people go to begin with. Pretty much all restaurants are running on a skeleton crews and have been told to not use any temporary staff where I live.

Edit: cruise company Stena Line flagging for letting 950 people go.

Edited by sne

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks. This is a good site but it’s based on tests isn’t it? It’s hard to believe the numbers can be that low in places like the African continent and India for example.

Probably a bit of both. Coronavirus hates higher degree weather and humidity.

Linky

“The statistics all show that they breed and survive longer when it’s cold and dry,” Myers said. “So, when it’s warmer and more humid and there’s a lot of sunshine, the statistics on all of the others show a virus is less lethal, it spreads less efficiently and less effectively among humans.”

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Absolutely, Even in The UK and USA the figures have been massaged because lack of testing. 

I expect the US and UK figures will be in 5 figures in a few days since they started sanctioning tests again, I read over the weekend that apparently we have upto 10 days back log in test results still pending. Also bear in mind the US only started with the free tests back end of last week so a lot of results will be pending from that too. 

Just seen this

Impact of coronavirus on stock exchanges worldwide, within 1 month: 

🇺🇸 -26%
 🇬🇧 -26%
 🇨🇦 -25%
 🇧🇷 -27%
 🇷🇺 -20%
 🇦🇪 -19%
 🇿🇦 -16%
 🇦🇺 -24%
 🇮🇳 -14%
 🇸🇬 -17%
 🇭🇰 -12%
 🇰🇷 - 17%

Now, look at this: 

🇨🇳 (China) + 0,3%

China, creator of the pandemic, has miraculously "recovered", has almost no more cases of coronavirus.  The world is now beginning to feel the effects and panic about the disease.  Who recovered first ??  China itself!  It seems to be that this virus was a move by the Chinese government in response to the loss of the trade war with the United States.  The goal: to throw the world into recession !!!
Is the scenario not clear?  They are already growing!  China bought almost everything it devalued on the stock exchanges around the world ... with that the Chinese became owners of the global companies that are in China and without the money leaving China.

27 minutes ago, Kingman said:

How long until the first bank failures, I’m starting to think there might be a Cyprus 2013 thing going on soon? People will be lining up round the block to withdraw their toilet roll currency to go and line up to exchange it for toilet roll! 

There's an £85k per accoount government backed guarantee at the banks that will deter (most) people from feeling the need to remove their cash.

Just now, Genie said:

They have plenty of cool areas, especially in the winter and spring.

It's been warm in both recently though so I have read? Obviously depends where the spike areas are. I'm not sure I agree tbough

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The link you have provided takes you to an NHS page on the 'flu. :huh:

'The flu' is generally Australian flue (H3NX) or Influenza A, it's called aussie flue because they have their season during their winter which transmits to our part of the world when we move toward our winter.

Linky

Symptoms of Aussie flu are similar to those caused by normal flu, but they are more severe.

Influenza A is generally milder than B. B(H3NX) gives higher fevers and heavier symptoms and was the UK's worst pandemic in recent years when we saw the big spike in deaths in 2017-18.

Â