Generic Virus Thread

villakram

53 minutes ago, Kingman said:

This is my issue. I would have more confidence in our approach if any other country in the world was taking it. But they aren't. So either we have the best scientists in the world, or someone is taking an almighty punt! 

Sweden are adopting the same approach, though Sweden haven't had an international crisis since a uboat got 'spotted' in Stockholm harbour, and before then they got beaten somewhere in Europe trying to bring IKEA to the Catholics.

Edited by magnkarl

There are now 8744 confirmed cases in Spain of which 40% are currently hospitalised. That is 3500 people in hospital. I don't know how many of them are needing a ventilator but given we are a week or so away from Spain levels and the lack of ICU beds and ventilators we have we could well be in deep trouble very soon.

Edited by markavfc40

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There are now 8744 confirmed cases in Spain of which 40% are currently hospitalised. That is 3500 people in hospital. I don't know how many of them are needing a ventilator but given we are a week or so away from Spain levels and the lack of ICU beds and ventilators we have we could well be in deep trouble very soon.

On a brighter note only 48 out of 1200 or so are hospitalised in Norway, which is extremely little compared.

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Sweden are adopting the same approach, though Sweden haven't had an international crisis since a uboat got 'spotted' in Stockholm harbour, and before then they got beaten somewhere in Europe trying to bring IKEA to the Catholics.

Yeah Estonia and the tsunami in Thailand was all great fun.

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Well, Lichfield pubs and restaurants are filled with old people enjoying their meals and pints.

People will blame Boris, maybe rightly so. I blame idiots who must have missed the last 4 weeks of news. 

It doesn't take the government for me not to jump off a bridge. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Why does Germany recovery stats look a lot better compared with UK and France especially with more cases logged.

Are they doing something the rest has ignored

Maybe they measure stats differently

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why does Germany recovery stats look a lot better compared with UK and France especially with more cases logged.

21105.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

merkel in the week suggested that 60-70% of the country will get infected but they think it could be over as long as 5 year period with the mortality rate just being absorbed in to the countrys normal rate

they've also said that there is a high % of mild cases here but that might be flowering it up, there is also a suggestion that its hit younger people first and then been controlled

then you throw in the labs, hospitals and facilities which are all very good

the biggest problem here will be the economy, its slowing down every day, everything is still open, there is a lot of working from home, me included, I don't know the details of the government paying out for places that shut or people that cant work, im construction so we will make force majeure claims, the problem being force majeure only covers you vs delay damages, you cant recover costs against it, if our site are shut for say 3 months then we will go under, our cash flow is going to be ****

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

You probably are and just didn't know.

I very much doubt it. Actually, this winter (since the start of last November) has been the worst I can remember for winter viruses, one after another - or maybe just one extended one. Not just me, but just about all our family and friends (all ages, from babies on up) have had the same experience. BUT, they've all been cold/'trad flu' symptoms, not the fever/dry cough/breathing difficulty of COVID-19. I'm notorious for chronic coughs, but I'm like the Fast Show's Bob Fleming - it's always catarrh-driven. Dunno what will happen if/when I get it, as a 66-year old, but at least I'm otherwise fit and healthy - no asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. But my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, and takes immuno-suppressant drugs. I'm worried for her. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

171 new cases taking it to 1543 known cases, +1 death in Wales taking to 36 

Clearly our government have a set of criteria/thresholds that would force them to kick in isolation measures.

I'd love to know what they are.

Â