Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know, it’s a really difficult situation. 

My employer still has to keep going, we manufacture and sell medical technology, pharma products and provide home nursing for patients on enteral nutrition. All of that still has to be done. The production unit, and whole supply chain can’t work from home. There’s hundreds of people still there, I’m just one of the lucky gits that doesn’t need to be. 

That’s good.

I’m in the automotive industry which will grind to a halt and rack up enormous debts for the next few months (assuming they have access to enough credit).

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I agree. Shown his true colours here. Could step in and cover the wages of thousands of people who made him filthy rich without him even noticing it on his bank statement. Decides to push them towards bankruptcy instead. He should be stripped of his title.

We need a separate thread on how much of a scumbag he is. It's mind boggling how well he has managed to dupe people into seeing him as this buccaneering social entrepreneur. He is a rentseeker and a charlatan, and he treats his staff like shit.

• Like 4

To add to our economic woes, I’d expect the Drug & Prostitution industries will take a hit?

If you’re  selling marching powder, Pills or fanny, I’d imagine it’ll be tough times ahead? 

On the flip side, weed dealers should be absolutely coining it in and I’d imagine prices might start to rise soon. 

Given it’s estimated to be a £65bn market (almost 5% of GDP), it will have an impact. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree. Shown his true colours here. Could step in and cover the wages of thousands of people who made him filthy rich without him even noticing it on his bank statement. Decides to push them towards bankruptcy instead. He should be stripped of his clothes, tarred, feathered then thrown into the sea.

FTFY 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

To add to our economic woes, I’d expect the Drug & Prostitution industries will take a hit?

If you’re  selling marching powder, Pills or fanny, I’d imagine it’ll be tough times ahead? 

On the flip side, weed dealers should be absolutely coining it in and I’d imagine prices might start to rise soon. 

Given it’s estimated to be a £65bn market (almost 5% of GDP), it will have an impact. 

I got a marketing text today from an old dealer. Swiftly deleted. But I'm guessing they're struggling for business, especially given that the last thing you want to be doing during a severe respiratory illness is snorting cocaine (especially the chalky mess that this scumbag sells).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s good.

I’m in the automotive industry which will grind to a halt and rack up enormous debts for the next few months.

That’s not good. For all Boris’ bluster, I don’t think he’s come up with a viable support package for industry yet. 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

F5BC4608-B5A4-4CFE-A7BD-547C5A084A2E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

My mom who is 75 went to the GP today. After she had spoken with him about her health issue she asked if she should be staying in the house as my son is trying to get me to stay in. He said no as you are reasonably healthy. I am having enough trouble getting her to stay in without the GP telling her otherwise.

My parents are the same. Hope she listens and stays in. Keep safe, mate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

My mom who is 75 went to the GP today. After she had spoken with him about her health issue she asked if she should be staying in the house as my son is trying to get me to stay in. He said no as you are reasonably healthy. I am having enough trouble getting her to stay in without the GP telling her otherwise.

My parents are the same. Hope she listens and stays in. Keep safe, mate.

Just out of interest, and feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but do any of us on here know anyone that’s been diagnosed? 

All I’ve got is the sister of one of my son’s college friends. I appreciate that without testing there’s no real way to know for sure who’s been hit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We need a separate thread on how much of a scumbag he is. It's mind boggling how well he has managed to dupe people into seeing him as this buccaneering social entrepreneur. He is a rentseeker and a charlatan, and he treats his staff like shit.

On the whole I agree  ... but my friend from school worked for him for 25 years ( she was air crew so not exactly high up the food chain ) ...during that time her brother broke his back , Branson paid for all his treatment and then gave him 2 weeks at Neckar island all covered to help with his rehab... from what she has told me , I’m  given to believe he is full of gestures like this to his staff

which doesn’t explain why he’s such a bellend elsewhere 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Macron making a big but good decision:

That will really help the people out, good on him.

Boris will you be doing something similar? Boris: Well... piffle, waffle.. statutory sick pay.. wobble... wibble.. universal credit or something. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just out of interest, and feel free to tell me to mind my own business, but do any of us on here know anyone that’s been diagnosed? 

All I’ve got is the sister of one of my son’s college friends. I appreciate that without testing there’s no real way to know for sure who’s been hit. 

Two of my friends have it. One got it at work, and then passed it onto their partner. One of them is pretty ok, the other is sweaty and tired and getting progressively worse. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Macron making a big but good decision:

We’ll be seeing hot tubs in council house back gardens before too long.

On a serious note, it’s an excellent move by him.

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Nope, there is a lad where I work who has self isolated, everyone in the office groaned collectively when they heard because he was probably the first name you would have guessed at to take advantage of it.

One of my mates is self isolating, he said that he had a sore throat and then came round mine and got bladdered, I reckon he is feeling guilty about taking the piss because there was blatantly nothing wrong with him.

Another of my mates is self isolating because his kid has got a cough, he's over the moon and feels like he has just been gifted 2 weeks off work, yeah there is nothing wrong with him but he is genuinely following the advice that was given tonight.

I don't know of anyone who has actually been diagnosed.

• Like 1

Â