Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, TheAuthority said:

That was my joke. Not sure it really landed though.

Oh well! 

I took it asa joke that you were gonna die from the vaccine, so were flogging anything valuable. Sorry!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I'm 45, no jab or text, live in B60

I’m 51 and also in B60. Wife (50) and I were vaccinated at St. John’s Surgery on March 15th. Speaking to local friends and family at the time, there was a massive push vaccinating those in their fifties during mid-March, to the extent I don’t know anyone locally of my age or older who hasn’t been vaccinated.

Based on this, they’ll either get to you very soon or you’ve just missed out on ‘the big push’ of first doses and those due second doses within 12 weeks of their first will take priority. I will be interested to see how the local vaccinations continue in the under fifties so please keep us informed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bavaria introducing their strictest ever lockdown from next week, only allowed to meet 1 person, curfews, everything shut

We're going backwards 

You’ll have to come to England for a haircut

Just now, Genie said:

You’ll have to come to England for a haircut

Yeah was planning on it anyway because haircuts here are £30+ and I'm never happy with them, the only barbers seem to be Turkish and the unisex places can't do a decent fade / blend 

Means my next haircut won't be until end of June I think 🙁

• Sad 1

BBC

Seven people have died from unusual blood clots after getting the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, the medicines regulator has confirmed to the BBC. 

In total, 30 people out of 18 million vaccinated by 24 March had these clots.

It is still not clear if they are just a coincidence or a genuine side effect of the vaccine.

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency says the benefits continue to outweigh any risk. 

However, concern has led to other countries including Germany, France, the Netherlands and Canada to restrict the vaccine's use only to older people. 

The data released by the MHRA on Fridayshowed 22 cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) which is a type of blood clot in the brain. 

These were accompanied by low levels of platelets, which help form blood clots, in the body. The MHRA also found other clotting problems alongside low platelet levels in eight people. 

Now the MHRA has confirmed, in an email to the BBC, that "sadly seven have died". 

Dr June Raine, the chief executive of the MHRA, said: "The benefits… in preventing Covid-19 infection and its complications continue to outweigh any risks and the public should continue to get their vaccine when invited to do so."

Investigations are under way to determine if the AstraZeneca vaccine is causing the very rare blood clots. Earlier this week the European Medicines Agency said it was "not proven, but is possible".

5 hours ago, brommy said:

I’m 51 and also in B60. Wife (50) and I were vaccinated at St. John’s Surgery on March 15th. Speaking to local friends and family at the time, there was a massive push vaccinating those in their fifties during mid-March, to the extent I don’t know anyone locally of my age or older who hasn’t been vaccinated.

Based on this, they’ll either get to you very soon or you’ve just missed out on ‘the big push’ of first doses and those due second doses within 12 weeks of their first will take priority. I will be interested to see how the local vaccinations continue in the under fifties so please keep us informed.

43 B60. Also not yet offered. I know a fair few people who had jabs at the Artrix.

Are there loads of middle aged villa fans in central Bromsgrove?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

43 B60. Also not yet offered. I know a fair few people who had jabs at the Artrix.

Definitely more Villa than other ‘local’ teams, still too many glory team fans but let’s face it, the majority here in North Worcestershire don’t care much for football outside of World Cups. Having said that, I’m friendly with seven households in my small Close just to the North of Bromsgrove and three are big Villa families.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I once got an eye infection a few days after eating a snickers bar. Snickers Bar causes eye infections confirmed. 

Which eye ? 

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

Yes. I see your Lupo around town regularly 👀

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I once got an eye infection a few days after eating a snickers bar. Snickers Bar causes eye infections confirmed. 

Was your eye infection an extremely rare type that you would expect maybe one or two cases of in your demographic a year? Was there a statistically high number of these rare eye infections happening within a few days of you eating the snickers bar?

There may be no proof of a connection, the number may still be low, but it sounds somewhat suspicious to me and definitely worthy of investigation in case some kind of environmental or other link can be established.

I mean, if lives could have been saved just by suggesting those people had eaten a Mars bar that one time it seems fair enough to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Was your eye infection an extremely rare type that you would expect maybe one or two cases of in your demographic a year? Was there a statistically high number of these rare eye infections happening within a few days of you eating the snickers bar?

There may be no proof of a connection, the number may still be low, but it sounds somewhat suspicious to me and definitely worthy of investigation in case some kind of environmental or other link can be established.

I mean, if lives could have been saved just by suggesting those people had eaten a Mars bar that one time it seems fair enough to me.

But is it not that if the whole of the country is getting vaccinated then that is going to throw these kinds of things up? Surely it’s just a timing issue and that there will be someone who has health issues after the vaccine not because of it? 

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Surely it’s just a timing issue and that there will be someone who has health issues after the vaccine not because of it? 

I don’t think it’s timing, or unrelated. It seems to be directly related, but extremely rare from the medical evidence. Something about blood platelets in some people, like 1 in 600,000 being affected by the vaccine, and of those tiny number of people affected an even fewer number have died. And it’s all the vaccines, not just one type of COVID jab.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don’t think it’s timing, or unrelated. It seems to be directly related, but extremely rare from the medical evidence. Something about blood platelets in some people, like 1 in 600,000 being affected by the vaccine, and of those tiny number of people affected an even fewer number have died. And it’s all the vaccines, not just one type of COVID jab.

But is it caused by the vaccines? Would it have happened regardless? The numbers are so low that it makes me question the link between the vaccine causing it or was it just happening anyway? Are the people who die from the same issue in 2 months just unfortunate or was it vaccine related? What about those in 6 months time etc... I dunno, seems a bit of a reach to me. 

• Like 1

I'm sure hundreds of people sadly die from blood clots every year in the UK anyway. As @Ingram85 says, is this just a timing issue more than anything nefarious. 

Â