Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Yep. It’s only fair if it comes after all the adult population has had the chance the have both doses.

Otherwise, get to ****.

What, even after all those lovely generous vulnerable people put their lives on hold for two years to protect the primarily healthy young people?

Surely we can't ask them to wait until we're free as well, after all they've done for us.

It's bullshit.

Stick your vaccine passports up your **** arses, you words removed.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The sensible approach could have been only isolating the old and more vulnerable, while the young carried the economy for the last year. That’s why knickers are in a twist.

No it wouldn't.  Young are NOT immune from this virus.  Thousands will still have died and the NHS would still have been overrun as the Virus rampage unchecked through 80% of the population. As a 50 year old diabetic I would almost certainly have caught it via my Kids as the prevelance of the virus would be all through schools. 

Ask yourself why literally no competent country did this, it's because it wouldn't be sensible at all. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not committing one way or the other on vaccine passports until I know what colour they are.

Doesn't matter as long as they are British. 

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The sensible approach could have been only isolating the old and more vulnerable, while the young carried the economy for the last year. That’s why knickers are in a twist.

You did see that 40,000 people were in hospital with the virus bringing the NHS to its knees, and 127,000 died right?
You think the government should have had less strict measures and left more people to go about as normal.

It’s all well and good saying people should have been given more freedom until you or a loved one need hospital treatment and they turn you away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

You did see that 40,000 people were in hospital with the virus bringing the NHS to its knees, and 127,000 died right?
You think the government should have had less strict measures and left more people to go about as normal.

It’s all well and good saying people should have been given more freedom until you or a loved one need hospital treatment and they turn you away.

Yes. No. Not what I said.

Imagine pubs only half full or clubs because people resist covid passports? A industry thats suffered massively and you are potentially going to penalise them more?

Everyone has a choice of they dont wish to get the vaccine they are the ones putting themselves at risk not the ones who have had the vaccine and passed it on to them.

Obviously there will be exceptions for people who cant take the vaccine and thats a tricky one.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine pubs only half full or clubs because people resist covid passports?

I think for the first six months or so after things reopen, the pent up desire to get out and about will see places packed out - pubs on the 14th April were putting up the signs saying no more bookings for that date a couple of weeks ago. If there are maybe 10% of people out there who will refuse to go if they have to be passported, then I think the surge in demand amongst the others will still mean pubs and clubs will be packed for months.

• Like 1

Completely selfishly, I am all for the passport. 

I have a profound hatred for ‘KBF’ idiots and anti-vaxxers. I also find a lot of these types are Tories/right wing, voted Brexit and don’t like foreigners (note: I said ‘a lot’, not ‘all’). So, if it means I can go to places and those kind of pricks won’t be there, then I’m all in. Sorry, not sorry. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I have a profound hatred for ‘KBF’ idiots and anti-vaxxers. I also find a lot of these types are Tories/right wing, voted Brexit and don’t like foreigners (note: I said ‘a lot’, not ‘all’). So, if it means I can go to places and those kind of pricks won’t be there, then I’m all in. Sorry, not sorry. 

I've got news for you, the Tory whoppers will mostly be vaccinated and pretty much most of them will be OK with a Vaccine Passport. The pubs will actually be full of Tory Whoppers

I think you're confusing you're right wingers here. The Ring wing anti-vaxxers tend to be full on Nazis in the main and they have this unnatural and equal numbered alliance with new age hippies.

The scope of this goes beyond caring about those two minor subsets of the human race

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've got news for you, the Tory whoppers will mostly be vaccinated and pretty much most of them will be OK with a Vaccine Passport. The pubs will actually be full of Tory Whoppers

I think you're confusing you're right wingers here. The Ring wing anti-vaxxers tend to be full on Nazis in the main and they have this unnatural and equal numbered alliance with new age hippies.

The scope of this goes beyond caring about those two minor subsets of the human race

Possibly, but from what I’ve seen, those against the vaccine and the passport are, in the main, exactly the type of people I’m more than happy to avoid. Just my view, for better or worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Possibly, but from what I’ve seen, those against the vaccine and the passport are, in the main, exactly the type of people I’m more than happy to avoid. Just my view, for better or worse. 

Me too, doesn't mean I want to throw away my civil liberties just on the off chance I might avoid them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Me too, doesn't mean I want to throw away my civil liberties just on the off chance I might avoid them

That’s fair enough. I don’t really see it as giving away my liberties, but understand why others do. 

18 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

That’s my experience too.

Those that are making a huge fuss about passports are the Brexit loving, voted Tory this time to get Brexit done, Tommy Robinson supporting, anti-vaccine, Scamdemic, left school with no qualifications, cash in hand, one of the lads types. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I hate that expression 'anti vaxxers' becaude someone is scared of having a vaccine why is that person a antivaxxer? Another way to have the media to have people turn on each other

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s my experience too.

Those that are making a huge fuss about passports are the Brexit loving, voted Tory this time to get Brexit done, Tommy Robinson supporting, anti-vaccine, Scamdemic, left school with no qualifications, cash in hand, one of the lads types. 

Stopped clocks, eh.

Â