Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Michelsen said:

As the Greater Oslo area is heading into full lockdown again, I’m starting to feel an unpleasantly urgent sense of claustrophobia and desperation creeping in. The realisation that we’re almost a year in, and we might be heading back to sqare one, is too much. I’m not normally one for hyperbole, but I’m not sure I can keep doing this much longer. The fatigue is getting very real. Going to the gym and the football are my outlets, my me-time. It might seem small, but I need it. I need some f***ing light in the end of this f***ing tunnel. 

There IS light at the end of the tunnel, just need to hang in a little longer, we're on the last push now. 

skynews-margaret-keenan-covid-19_5200750

27 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I started seeing somebody in December and we get on so well. We are stuck with just video calls and trying to date that way. It’s been lovely but we need to see each other. It’s so hard(...)

Still want to see her 🙈 and we can’t. 

Is that really the right verb there? 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There IS light at the end of the tunnel, just need to hang in a little longer, we're on the last push now. 

skynews-margaret-keenan-covid-19_5200750

Yesterday, I’d be right with you. Today, I’m feeling very down about it all. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Michelsen said:

It's still happening and it's still what is going to get us out of this. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Hang in there, bud. I really enjoyed having a beer and a chat with you at Wembley. Let's do it again. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hang in there, bud. I really enjoyed having a beer and a chat with you at Wembley. Let's do it again. 

Likewise, Mike. I believe I may even owe you a round! FA Cup final next year? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

My 82 year old nan is recovering from it. She’s got a raft of health conditions and is overweight. She seems to be over the worst of it thankfully but says it was absolutely horrific. 
She keeps saying how lucky she is it didn’t kill her.

Just to add, she caught it Christmas Day off one of her grown up grandchildren (my cousin) as she spent the day with that family.

The price of a “normal” Christmas was almost death for her. So many others are not being so lucky.

To think Boris was using Starmers opposition of the Christmas rule relaxing to criticise him for trying to steal Christmas from the British people. The amount of deaths this government have on their hands is staggering.

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

Dad passed yesterday. Mum slept through her symptoms and seems ok so far.

I was allowed to see them, the first time since April. Stayed with him overnight on Thursday.

Got to say goodbye. There's been tears, but it's easier to be philosophical about Dad than it was my Sister.

3 others died from Covid in their residential place. Another home in Worcester lost 14 after an outbreak.

Xann deepest condolences to your family. Hope your mum’s recovery is swift. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Xann said:

Dad passed yesterday. Mum slept through her symptoms and seems ok so far.

I was allowed to see them, the first time since April. Stayed with him overnight on Thursday.

Got to say goodbye. There's been tears, but it's easier to be philosophical about Dad than it was my Sister.

3 others died from Covid in their residential place. Another home in Worcester lost 14 after an outbreak.

So sorry to hear the news.  All of the best wishes in this sad time to you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

Â