Generic Virus Thread

villakram

So flying to Sydney on Tuesday via Dubai.

Was dead set on it all week, but starting to doubt if it's the best idea now. Spending 3 weeks over in Sydney and travelling up the coast; I'm not particularly worried about Dubai or Australia they seem to have less cases than the UK and the risk in Australia is likely to be similar to being in the UK. In fact being out of work and in rural areas in Oz will most likely be safer.

The only worry I have is a) the travelling via plane on Tuesday and b) the state of the world on my return on 3rd April

Emirates are currently not offering cancellations or refunds.

May be taken out of my hands in the next day or two now that New Zealand have brought in self-isolation for 14 days for anyone arriving into the country, likely Australia will follow suit.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Well it looks like Erdington has joined the idiocy of the bog roll panic buying, just went to Tesco's on 6 ways and there wasn't a single one in there.

I've got enough to see me through till Monday, if I can't pick any up in Town I ain't gunna go out hunting for it, I'll just have to try to take a shit every day at work or jump in the shower afterwards if I have to take one at home, not exactly ideal.

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Well it looks like Erdington has joined the idiocy of the bog roll panic buying, just went to Tesco's on 6 ways and there wasn't a single one in there.

I've got enough to see me through till Monday, if I can't pick any up in Town I ain't gunna go out hunting for it, I'll just have to try to take a shit every day at work or jump in the shower afterwards if I have to take one at home, not exactly ideal.

Bildresultat för what are we all gonna die from

• Haha 3

We should be looking at the likes of South Korea and Japan.  They learnt how to deal with SARS in 2003, and are putting what they learnt into practice.  I think thats why we are seeing reducing amounts in the far east, and where Europe hasn't really suffered anything like this for 100 years, and it shows. 

We take it for granted that all people are very informative about the coronavirus, Some will take in all info available, interested in stats and measures, the medical facts down to what it is and how it works. 

Others are not interested at all and will actively try and avoid any news about it be it TV, radio, newspapers and social media, either they are in denial or it depresses/creates feelings of anxiety, Would an official leaflet sent to every household help make more people aware of the importance?..

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Really worth reading this thread:

You probably missed it but it was posted  in another thread sandwiched between bicks suggesting  Cummings is hung from a lamp post and VT  being upset  about such a flippant comment and questioning his morals ... oh wait 

( actually , fairly sure it wasn’t flippant tbf :) )

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

Really worth reading this thread:

Wouldn't have expected you to be posting from a guy with that avatar! 🙂

I think some of his analysis is a bit far ahead of the evidence, but maybe I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

Anyone braved the shops today? How they looking?

The Lidl at the end of my road was surprisingly calm for 10.30 on a Saturday.  There isn't much parking there though so I guess the bigger supermarkets might be rammed if people are doing big panic shopping.

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wouldn't have expected you to be posting from a guy with that avatar! 🙂

I think some of his analysis is a bit far ahead of the evidence, but maybe I'm wrong. 

I don’t think Europhiles are evil, just wrong ;) 

• Like 1

Â