Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Anyone braved the shops today? How they looking?

Morrisons, Guiseley (Leeds). Somewhat busier than a normal Saturday, but not Xmas levels. No real shortages, except soap, which was, er... cleaned out. Plenty of bog roll and foodstuffs. Paracetamol was running low, but I got two packets - mainly because I'm suffering from sciatica atm, and I usually need a painkiller in the middle of the night. 

19 minutes ago, Kingman said:

In Bath the Half Marathon have announced they are still going ahead on Sunday - 12,000 runners crammed into narrow 18th century streets. 

Ish. Most of the route is down the A36 and back.

The only 18th century street it takes in is Great Pulteney St which is wide enough to land a jumbo jet on.

Most people I know who were doing it are staying at home.

This guy is on a team of modellers who are actually feeding into the Uk govt strategy, so definitely relevant insights in this thread.

He seems to be suggesting that the focus on “herd immunity” may be a comms misstep rather than a strategy problem.

1140 infected in the UK as of this AM, Another 10 dead taking total to 21 deaths 

FFS, Thats a 21% Mortality Rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Kingman
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

1140 infected in the UK as of this AM, Another 10 dead taking total to 21 deaths 

It is just under 2% mate. Still not good obviously.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

1140 infected in the UK at of this AM, Another 10 dead taking total to 21 deaths 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Errr... 1.84%? Or am I missing a joke?!

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

In Bath the Half Marathon have announced they are still going ahead on Sunday - 12,000 runners crammed into narrow 18th century streets. 

Any chance they can run around Lord Snooty's Garden instead?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Errr... 1.84%? Or am I missing a joke?!

Opppps, 2% 

Must of done a Kurlak and finger slipped! 

Top 4 Aye We :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This guy is on a team of modellers who are actually feeding into the Uk govt strategy, so definitely relevant insights in this thread.

He seems to be suggesting that the focus on “herd immunity” may be a comms misstep rather than a strategy problem.

He’s also done a TED talk this week  

I’ve not listened to it yet though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

I heard there were fights in Great Barr Aldi, also people were trying to get into the stock room too! 

Usual Saturday in Great Barr?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leighavfc said:

Anyone braved the shops today? How they looking?

Pubs in Cardiff all quite busy.

I guess that’s because they cancelled the rugby mid afternoon yesterday when loads of people were already here or en route and it was too late to cancel hotels.

Cancelling when the town centre was already full of Scots felt a bit like the worst of both worlds. You can all use your annual leave, spend your money, travel on trains and buses, meet up for a day in the pub. But no rugby.

Â