Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Sadly with a hairdo like that he's probably going to Leeds.

They'd have to remortgage the ground again to afford him. 

If I was as good as him, I'd have a worse haircut than that! 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Reckon he'll get at least 25 % less goals in the Prem.

From highlights reel I've seen from the Bundesliga the defending is laughable.

he got 27 in 28 games last season

25% reduction would mean 20 goals, 3rd highest scorer and a rate of 1.4 which would be better than salah's 1.7 and kanes 1.5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he got 27 in 28 games last season

25% reduction would mean 20 goals, 3rd highest scorer and a rate of 1.4 which would be better than salah's 1.7 and kanes 1.5

21 goals in 18 Champions League games also. He will be fine but he isnt coming to the Premier League 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

21 goals in 18 Champions League games also. He will be fine but he isnt coming to the Premier League 

off to help bayern get to 20...

i wonder when ze germans will moan about them, i get nothing, they hate RB but never seem fussed over bayern's dominance, id be fuming with it

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

off to help bayern get to 20...

i wonder when ze germans will moan about them, i get nothing, they hate RB but never seem fussed over bayern's dominance, id be fuming with it

I think the difference is Bayern is not like Juventus or United and dont have such a huge fanbase nationally that people dont really care. You rarely see Bayern jerseys about on kids though its more Besiktas in Berlin on kids. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it though? He was born in England but Premier League isnt the be all for top players as we have seen 

I think he would like to play for 2 or 3 of the top clubs of Europe. But it's not that easy to leave a Real Madrid or Manchester United, just because you want a new challenge.

There are probably around 10 or so clubs that could potentially afford the buy out clause he'll be on next year but there are far fewer clubs that will be willing to pay the salary package and the agent fees that Haaland, his dad and Raiola will demand. Basically only City, PSG and Real who are realistic options. He want's 3 times than what Pogba is currently on at Manure ffs.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

It is for most, there’s only a handful of top players that haven’t tried out the Prem at some stage in their careers.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Kroos, Lahm, Lewandowski(so far) Chiellini, Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Bonucci, Buffon, Sergio Ramos. 

Its actually the opposite, the great players ignore the Premier League and rarely join at the peak. Ronaldo left at 24 and came back at 36. The only really elite players at the peak to join was probably Lukaku now and David Silva 

• Like 1

i had a look because i was bored...

the UEFA team of the year has been going 20 years so a bit easy thats 220 spots as the best player in europe that year

from those 220 spots 128 of them have been filled by players who have never played in the PL, so rounded up 60% never played there, as a rough average it looks like in each 11 man team around 7 of them will never have played in the PL

and thats before you then start to look in detail at say thiago silva who played in the end of his career or pique who played at the start, the actual spots taken up by players who were playing in the PL at that time is 49 (22%) compared to bundesliga 12% but la liga has 49%

zatman missed off puyol, kimmich, neuer, alaba, kaka, nedved, ronaldinho, zidane, dani alves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the UEFA team of the year has been going 20 years so a bit easy thats 220 spots as the best player in europe that year

from those 220 spots 128 of them have been filled by players who have never played in the PL, so rounded up 60% never played there, as a rough average it looks like in each 11 man team around 7 of them will never have played in the PL

and thats before you then start to look in detail at say thiago silva who played in the end of his career or pique who played at the start, the actual spots taken up by players who were playing in the PL at that time is 49 (22%) compared to bundesliga 12% but la liga has 49%

zatman missed off puyol, kimmich, neuer, alaba, kaka, nedved, ronaldinho, zidane, dani alves

Zlatan did his Manure stint at 34-36 y.o

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Historically you are right. However I suspect that more top players will join the Premier League at their peak due to the financial disparity between the leagues. There's a reason half the ESL clubs were Premier League based. Barca are bankrupt, Real have saved up for 4 years to try and buy Mbappe and couldn't manage it yet, Juve are selling stars. It's only really PSG who have cash to burn and they're going for older stars on frees at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

There are probably around 10 or so clubs that could potentially afford the buy out clause he'll be on next year but there are far fewer clubs that will be willing to pay the salary package and the agent fees that Haaland, his dad and Raiola will demand. Basically only City, PSG and Real who are realistic options. He want's 3 times than what Pogba is currently on at Manure ffs.

he'll go to bayern but im not sure how they'll make those wages work

would be good if he told raiola to knock it on the head and just get him to the best club he can

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

he'll go to bayern but im not sure how they'll make those wages work

would be good if he told raiola to knock it on the head and just get him to the best club he can

Bayern highest wage is Lewa on 350k a week. I'm not sure they can afford him. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Historically you are right. However I suspect that more top players will join the Premier League at their peak due to the financial disparity between the leagues. There's a reason half the ESL clubs were Premier League based. Barca are bankrupt, Real have saved up for 4 years to try and buy Mbappe and couldn't manage it yet, Juve are selling stars. It's only really PSG who have cash to burn and they're going for older stars on frees at the moment. 

post corona you would definitely think so

but i also think if you went in to the details that wouldnt necessarily be historically true either, theres a lot of money in the PL, theres a lot of players on very good money 

but when you look at the top earners in world football theres only 2 PL players de gea in 9th and KDB in 8th, only 2 players over £300k a week and no one on the sort of money neymar and griezmann get let alone messi - thats pre ronaldo going back to utd though...but i doubt he's on half of his juve wage

i think the rest of europe dont pay their 18 year old 5th choice winger £100k a week like we do but in general the PL has better and more balanced wage structures 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bayern highest wage is Lewa on 350k a week. I'm not sure they can afford him. 

the rumour is a million euro a week 

even the lowest figure i can quickly google is 670.000 a week

like i said its a structure thing, bayern have several world class players, how do you have kimmich on 150.000 and haaland 4x more than him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

post corona you would definitely think so

but i also think if you went in to the details that wouldnt necessarily be historically true either, theres a lot of money in the PL, theres a lot of players on very good money 

but when you look at the top earners in world football theres only 2 PL players de gea in 9th and KDB in 8th, only 2 players over £300k a week and no one on the sort of money neymar and griezmann get let alone messi - thats pre ronaldo going back to utd though...but i doubt he's on half of his juve wage

i think the rest of europe dont pay their 18 year old 5th choice winger £100k a week like we do but in general the PL has better and more balanced wage structures 

I think that's going to shift as well though. There's some old contracts which skews it slightly and European clubs have bankrupt themselves trying to compete with the Premier League (just look at Barca). They seem to be moving away from these crazy high wages on the continent. 

Â