Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

55 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

As long as he's under contract at Villa, he will have my support. That should be the same for all fans.

Sounds more like he's under contract to Tanzanian fans to me. 

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

He wasn’t brilliant, but I don’t think he was that bad tbh.

I’d have him every time over Davis for example. 

I think most if the dislike came from his Twitter followers. They way they acted we expected Lewandowski 

He looked decent at the start and shit after covid. His 1st game people were raving he was a major upgrade on Wesley 

He did look pretty good tho in his first few appearances, got into some good positions, probably should have got one or two more than he did early on, seemed to have a bit of pace and a little bit of trickery and strength, then he just seemed to drop off a cliff for some reason.

I’d be content with having him as an option potentially but unsure if it’s worth all the baggage, particularly the mentally unbalanced cult following he seems to have.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 21:23, Delphouneso said:

Got to feel a bit sorry for him on one hand. He isn’t responsible for some over enthusiastic supporters’ opinions. He is not at the standard of where we want to be though so doubt we will see him again.

On the €6m agreed fee. Problem is I guess if he doesn’t agree to personal terms?

31 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Got to feel a bit sorry for him on one hand. He isn’t responsible for some over enthusiastic supporters’ opinions. He is not at the standard of where we want to be though so doubt we will see him again.

On the €6m agreed fee. Problem is I guess if he doesn’t agree to personal terms?

i assumed it would be like a release clause, where the player is essentially forced to move?

very bizarre. i guess that means we won't be buying another striker then.

maybe it's been a while so i've forgotten how bad he is but i wonder how he'll do now we've got more creativity in the team

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

it isn't Samatta's fault that he has a fan following that is borderline cult-like. kind of feel bad for the guy as he seems like a really nice person.

Same with Trezeguet

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i assumed it would be like a release clause, where the player is essentially forced to move?

very bizarre. i guess that means we won't be buying another striker then.

maybe it's been a while so i've forgotten how bad he is but i wonder how he'll do now we've got more creativity in the team

I don’t think he makes the 25 man squad tbh 

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think he makes the 25 man squad tbh 

Do you think Smith would pick Davis over Samatta if he could only pick one?

I reckon he’d take Samatta if he had to pick either based purely on ability. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Do you think Smith would pick Davis over Samatta if he could only pick one?

I reckon he’d take Samatta if he had to pick either based purely on ability. 

He would have sent Davis on loan last season if that was the case

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He would have sent Davis on loan last season if that was the case

I think it’s more about money. Samatta is on a lot more but could attract a club to go on loan to that saves it.

Davis is cheap and less desirable, so we can keep him around for a few minutes here and there without it hurting the balance sheet.

If purely on ability then I think we have Samatta as backup.

If someone comes in for him for another loan to pay his wages we’d probably let him go and use Davis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I don't think there are any circumstances in which a player can be compelled to go and play for another team. A club can't force a player to move.

Â