The Royal Family

Genie

The Queen spent Wednesday night in hospital apparently, but is now back at Buck House and "in good spirits" 

Sounds very like Phil the Greek, didn't they say the same sort of stuff with him? 

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

honestly, a battle between this ghoul and the palace is one that i personally cannot lose, so have at it i say

They already apparently hate him. His obit of Princess Margaret went down like a lead balloon and he was also the one that asked Jug Eared Son Number One about his forthcoming marriage to his tampon in front of William and Harry

His most serious journalistic endeavour was before working for the BBC, on leaving Uni he published a book on the Loch Ness Monster

Let's also not forget that he's a strike breaking scab and that he assaulted a Section 28 Protester by sitting on her

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I do despise "royal correspondents". They're on the same level as writers for celebrity gossip mags, but seem to genuinely believe that they're serious journalists.

It's a funny gig. I guess 'gossiping about the health of the monarch' is probably up there with farming and prostitution in the 'things that people have been doing for thousands of years' stakes. And while it might seem completely trivial, it isn't quite. We used to think 'the health of the monarch is the health of the nation', and while the last few hundred years of political philosophy have demonstrated how stupid that idea is, the British monarchy has survived by making itself completely ceremonial and powerless; there's not many interesting 'royal stories' and at this stage of her life all we're waiting for is for her to die.

No wonder Witchell is sour about being gazzumped to the story.

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a funny gig. I guess 'gossiping about the health of the monarch' is probably up there with farming and prostitution in the 'things that people have been doing for thousands of years' stakes. And while it might seem completely trivial, it isn't quite. We used to think 'the health of the monarch is the health of the nation', and while the last few hundred years of political philosophy have demonstrated how stupid that idea is, the British monarchy has survived by making itself completely ceremonial and powerless; there's not many interesting 'royal stories' and at this stage of her life all we're waiting for is for her to die.

No wonder Witchell is sour about being gazzumped to the story.

I hope the woman is well, I don't wish bad on anyone, but she is of an old age so we will soon have a new monarch. 

At the same time, she is a 'symbol'. No real power, no real authority. So when she does pass, she will remain to be the same 'symbol' to us mere mortals. 

So nothing will really change, but Charles certainly seems more 'hands on' so it might get more interesting. 

I don't mind the Royals, I don't think about them too much. 

But I went to Alnwick Castle up North a couple of weeks ago, and learned that "royals" own and sometimes still live there (3 days a week in the winter) and that was hugely vomit-inducing to me.  Who pays for the Duke of Northcucumberland or whatever?  The Queen (us) bank rolling them too?  The place was incredible.  Nice to know they had a second home (palace) up in Scotland to get away from the riff raff. 

11 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't mind the Royals, I don't think about them too much. 

But I went to Alnwick Castle up North a couple of weeks ago, and learned that "royals" own and sometimes still live there (3 days a week in the winter) and that was hugely vomit-inducing to me.  Who pays for the Duke of Northcucumberland or whatever?  The Queen (us) bank rolling them too?  The place was incredible.  Nice to know they had a second home (palace) up in Scotland to get away from the riff raff. 

Bankrolls himself. He's worth hundreds of millions due to his families successful historical sucking of the monarchs knob

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They already apparently hate him. His obit of Princess Margaret went down like a lead balloon and he was also the one that asked Jug Eared Son Number One about his forthcoming marriage to his tampon in front of William and Harry

His most serious journalistic endeavour was before working for the BBC, on leaving Uni he published a book on the Loch Ness Monster

Let's also not forget that he's a strike breaking scab and that he assaulted a Section 28 Protester by sitting on her

My wife's best mate was at university with Nick Witchell. She confirms that he was always an utter clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife's best mate was at university with Nick Witchell. She confirms that he was always an utter clearing in the woods. 

I quite admire that he has been consistent all his life. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We get an extra bank holiday in 2022 for her madge's platinum jubilee. 

But will we still get it if she pegs out first? 

In an ideal world the jubilee day is a Friday and she pops it the following Monday.

Loooooong weekend baby!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 22/10/2021 at 05:59, bickster said:

So you're a fan then?

• Haha 1

Â