The Royal Family

Genie

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2021 at 22:10, HanoiVillan said:

Gibbo packing his 3s and 4s as we speak.

I have it on good authority it is about the knees. ALSO. After Jizzlane Maxwell tonight, Prince Andrew is about to destroy any case for the monarchy going forwards. 

Also BBC news just had a re-run of the incriminating Andrew interview - he literally highlights how much he was friends with Maxwell and NOT epstein (am I saying that surname right for antisemitic fans?) - the guy is jimmy saville, yet to be. 

Edited by Jareth

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Genie said:

Will he not just pay her off and settle out of court?

Maybe, but the obvious problem is doing so would be seen as an admission of guilt, and there's too much attention on the story for that to go unremarked.

However, it may be the least unpalatable option now, or at some point.

• Like 2

His mom'll have to front him a few million from down the back of the sofa to make it all go away.

Given she might drop dead at any moment that may happen sooner than later. His lawyers aren't going to recommend going to a civil case in US court if it's avoidable, and for all that that's a tacit admission of guilt he can slink off into obscurity.

Possibly. But I'd suspect her lawyer will be pushing for them to make Andrew squirm to get the maximum payout out of him before accepting a settlement. A lawyer isn't going to want to go to court if they can avoid it in a US civil case - even the smallest chance it can go wrong and it gets very expensive.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I rather get the impression that the victim doesn't want a settlement. You can't settle out of court if the injured party won't settle

Why not? She settled with Epstein.

Can just imagine the headlines when he/the Queen settles the case and the victim walks away with a suitcase full of UK taxpayer money. I don't begrudge her though, none of it's her fault. He should be in jail, not facing a bill for his noncery.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Possibly. But I'd suspect her lawyer will be pushing for them to make Andrew squirm to get the maximum payout out of him before accepting a settlement. A lawyer isn't going to want to go to court if they can avoid it in a US civil case - even the smallest chance it can go wrong and it gets very expensive.

I agree, but that leaves with her having no incentive to settle at this stage. If she wants her day in court, she doesn't settle. If she doesn't care about court, but wants the maximum payout, then she also shouldn't settle now because he may decide not to mount a defence, ie to default, in which case she would get the full amount sued for.

This might get very expensive for the UK taxpayer.

• Like 1

Lucky for Andy his mum has had the Sovereign Grant topped up by an additional £35 million for this year, to help her over the hard times covid have caused her.

So, fingers crossed, the £90 million she’s getting from us this year should help with any pay out for sex abuse trials.

Â