The Royal Family

Genie

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

bank holiday for the funeral and then another one for the coronation? or they'll move one to a saturday?

if she goes after the big 2 day thing next year that could mean an extra 4 days off best case scenario

banzai.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

bank holiday for the funeral and then another one for the coronation? or they'll move one to a saturday?

if she goes after the big 2 day thing next year that could mean an extra 4 days off best case scenario

What about national mourning? There must be a few days of that I’d assume?

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think she’ll make it to Christmas. Not even well enough to stand on the balcony on such an important day.

From what I've heard, it wasn't the standing on the balcony that was the issue.  It was the long corridors and flights of stairs before getting to the balcony.  

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I don’t think she’ll make it to Christmas. Not even well enough to stand on the balcony on such an important day.

I think she'll be around for another 5-10 years. I do think she'll step down next year though

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I do think she'll step down next year though

In all seriousness she really should. 

You can argue if we should or shouldn't have a monarchy, but whilst we're in a place where we have one the monarch should be physicaly able to carry out the duties. 

Edited by sidcow

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

In all seriousness she really should. 

You can argue if we should or shouldn't have a monarchy, but whilst we're in a place where we have one the monarch should be physicaly able to carry out the duties. 

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to monarchy.

It should be decided using trial by combat.

Step up, or step aside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m a traditionalist when it comes to monarchy.

It should be decided using trial by combat.

Step up, or step aside.

She’s still going to beat a jug eared wannabe tampon for a shire horse

Â