The Royal Family

Genie

On 22/10/2021 at 06:06, HanoiVillan said:

British monarchy has survived by making itself completely ceremonial and powerless; there's not many interesting 'royal stories' and at this stage of her life all we're waiting for is for her to die.

Harsh, but fair.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Harsh, but fair.

I will admit to being sheepishly glad your comment has knocked that post off the most recent page* though

*yes I know it's not the same for everyone, can sense the pedants getting excited from here

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 12:25, Davkaus said:

I do despise "royal correspondents". They're on the same level as writers for celebrity gossip mags, but seem to genuinely believe that they're serious journalists.

I liked the musings of Back stairs Billy with all the gossip on fishbones

• 3 weeks later...

So after being told all week that the one thing The Queen would not miss is The Remembrance Sunday service, she is missing it. 

Anyone got her on the deadpool? 

Something ain't right. 

The other week there was one of those “Queen spotted out driving” pictures which is fine

_121302675_071688987.jpg

It’s weird that of all the cars she has and could be driving it’s a Jaguar x-type. Even  the newest ones went out of production 11 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s weird that of all the cars she has and could be driving it’s a Jaguar x-type. Even  the newest ones went out of production 11 years ago. 

Whats weird about that? it's probably still under 10K miles. Hell she still travels around in this...

1280px-Le_Royal_Mews_de_Londres-007.JPG

And it was built in 1762

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The other week there was one of those “Queen spotted out driving” pictures which is fine

_121302675_071688987.jpg

That's state of the art for her.  It's usually a 1970's landrover defender. 

They shall have dominion over us for all time, by chance of birth.

The next king, believes we should lead more frugal lives. He owns mansions, he has 275 bedrooms, vast swathes of land, he has a man that lays his clothes out for him, he has a man that is in charge of his toothpaste.

Very few people appear to think this is a bit odd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So after being told all week that the one thing The Queen would not miss is The Remembrance Sunday service, she is missing it. 

Anyone got her on the deadpool? 

Something ain't right. 

I have …but I’m hoping she hangs in there so we get our extra bank holiday next year , perhaps she could time it so we get the Thursday bank holiday , her jubilee holiday on the Friday and then  a day off for her demise on the Monday … super long holiday FTW  

disclaimer - in case I’m up for a knighthood in years  to come and someone trawls the internet and finds this post .. I’m only joking 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

That's state of the art for her.  It's usually a 1970's landrover defender. 

The JLR CEO delivers her a brand new top of the range Range Rover every year. 

I had an x-type for 3 years and loved it tbh so I can see why she likes it.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

_121302675_071688987.jpg

I saw that last week as well... I think its the V6 petrol one. She's just doing donuts in it so annoy Greta!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

The JLR CEO delivers her a brand new top of the range Range Rover every year. 

I expect Andrew is flogging those off to his mates half price. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They shall have dominion over us for all time, by chance of birth.

The next king, believes we should lead more frugal lives. He owns mansions, he has 275 bedrooms, vast swathes of land, he has a man that lays his clothes out for him, he has a man that is in charge of his toothpaste.

Very few people appear to think this is a bit odd. 

IMO this is the wrong way round. If you're going to have a hereditary monarchy, of course they're going to live in palaces and have all the privilege we can give them, can hardly expect them to live in a Barratt home. The thing that is 'odd' and unnecessary is having a hereditary monarchy at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

IMO this is the wrong way round. If you're going to have a hereditary monarchy, of course they're going to live in palaces and have all the privilege we can give them, can hardly expect them to live in a Barratt home. The thing that is 'odd' and unnecessary is having a hereditary monarchy at all.

Let the current ‘Prince of Wales’ be the last one. Retire the shirt and retire the keeper of the buttons or whatever fakwittery job is doubtless associated with it.

• Like 2

Â