Pre-match thread

wedge

Our team looks and IS severely inferior to that of City's, I doubt that the inclusion of Elmo over Guilbert changes that much. 

I don't expect 3 points, I don't expect 1 even, but I will be nevertheless happy if we play to our capabilities, give 110% and not be masters of our own downfall, if (or when) they score make them f**king work for it, that's all I ask! 

UTV

• Like 2

Ugly looking Villa team. They will have 75% possession. Hard to see us scoring. Really can’t see a plan to get goals out of that team. I know our hands are tied so maybe there’s not much we can do. Let’s at least make it hard for them Villa!

Just now, Villastine said:

Unless the changes are due to fitness issues I don't see the logic in changing a team that a very respectable result against the team in 2nd.

Rotation because of busy schedule?

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and? like I said im sure our team took that in to consideration when they worked him out in training all week

fatigue towards the end is a concern starting him isnt

depends if you see this game as a free hit (I do) ahead of more important games next week

Fitness is one thing. But if he's only played 1 game. His touch will be a bit off.

Same as going into the Leicester game in the week I am expecting nothing other than to try and keep it respectable so anything else is a bonus. Far less stressful watching when you have accepted the inevitable long before kick off and occasionally you get a pleasant surprise