Pre-match thread

wedge

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Targett is woeful.

Honestly don't know what people see in him.

I agree, Taylor isn’t great but he is way better than Targett

Targett has been atrocious

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I gave your post a like with my head. But in my heart I’m thinking perhaps a sneaky 3-0 home win.....?

Yeah we absolutely should not go out believing we are already beaten, all to play for.

But we have to play out of our skins while they have to have an abysmal day and likely get someone sent off for us even to have a chance at a draw.

Could happen thou.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why? 

If we feel Nakamba and Luiz can get a bit swamped and over ran and give the ball away cheaply under pressure and therefore don't help when we play in games vs teams that will have the majority of possession and Drinkwater offers a better option than surely a game vs man City is a good test of that theory 

Again I can see the logic of the decision 

Nakamba and Luiz gave the ball away 30 times at Leicester.

Hardly surprising one of them was binned

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's a strong City team. Sterling has been dropped because recently he's been off colour.

It's a strong side but the formation is wonky. 

5-3-2 is unusual for them

Just now, villalad21 said:

He isn't match fit.

says who?

I trust the manager and team that watched him train for the best part of the week know if he's fit or not

him starting to disappear around the 60 minute mark and being subbed off before it becomes a problem would be a bigger concern, don't mind him starting but can see smith taking him off too late

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

says who?

I trust the manager and team that watched him train for the best part of the week know if he's fit or not

him starting to disappear around the 60 minute mark and being subbed off before it becomes a problem would be a bigger concern, don't mind him starting but can see smith taking him off too late

He's played 1 game this season...

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He's played 1 game this season...

and? like I said im sure our team took that in to consideration when they worked him out in training all week

fatigue towards the end is a concern starting him isnt

depends if you see this game as a free hit (I do) ahead of more important games next week

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Taylor will relegate us on his own if Smith continues to play him.

Is that the same Taylor that played against Burnley and Leicester which we didn’t lose?

Forgot how immense Targett was against Leicester at home, Sheff Utd, Southampton and especially Watford

Oh hang on ........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Guilbert, Trez and Nakamba all on the bench - you'd think at least two of them would be starting in a game like this. 

Guilbert yes

The other two have been largely shit