Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

Good impact tonight. He hasn’t shown much on the ball yet but his off the ball movement has really helped the team. Hopefully he can keep getting minutes under his belt, and perhaps can eventually come on when we are winning and not when chasing a game. 

Americans always tend to work their absolute nuts off when they come to play in the PL don't they. Think they've got this inferiority complex going on because Americans when it comes to football are kind of sniggered and sneered at a bit. We don't take them overly serious. Serious work ethic though. I remember Dempsey and McBride. Tough as nails. Leave every thing out there. Hope this kid goes well for us, he probably has one eye on Qatar 2022.

• Like 1

I like him. BUT can someone explain to me why people call him a striker, when he's listed as a midfielder and drops very deep (as a midfielder does)? Is he a midfielder or a striker? He got subbed for Trez, but I am not wise to what position Trez played today, whether it was a winger role or more forward pairing with El Ghazi. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like him. BUT can someone explain to me why people call him a striker, when he's listed as a midfielder and drops very deep (as a midfielder does)? Is he a midfielder or a striker? He got subbed for Trez, but I am not wise to what position Trez played today, whether it was a winger role or more forward pairing with El Ghazi. 

Hard to know. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him drop out the match day squad when Samatta rolls up. Great experience for the kid though 

Bearing in mind he's more naturally a winger/midfielder then I think he has a good chance of keeping his place in the squad even with Samatta and another striker likely joining. Could take Lansbury's place.

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because he is actually a Midfielder. Only played a handful of games as a striker due to our lack of strikers at U23. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Because he is actually a Midfielder. Only played a handful of games as a striker due to our lack of strikers at U23. 

Seems to be converting to striker, it's what it looks like.

Played well against Watford, caused some problems. Also had very good chest control, is also a very fast little player.

Hope we see more of him.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

Seen a to be converting to striker, it's what it looks like.

Played well against Watford, caused some problems. Also had very good chest control, is also a very fast little player.

Hope we see more of him.

Just having a focal point and someone with a good work rate benefits the team. I just posted in Sammata thread that it's one thing I'm looking forward to with him. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Hard to know. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him drop out the match day squad when Samatta rolls up. Great experience for the kid though 

He has been 2nd sub the last few games, he is probably ahead of some others on the pecking order now 

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Seems to be converting to striker, it's what it looks like.

Hope we see more of him.

I guess kinda how Klopp has adapted Firmino.

Edited by TreeVillan
Typo
  • Like 1

Â