Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fans will appreciate a player that will fight for the team, he seems like a guy that will run through walls so even if he has technical limitations he will have the fans behind him

Spot on. Dean Saunders for example had a very average goal return but was popular because he always put in a shift. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fans will appreciate a player that will fight for the team, he seems like a guy that will run through walls so even if he has technical limitations he will have the fans behind him

At the beginning yes then bang on about how limited they are and hold the team back, hutton, weiman , holman, taylor , green just to name a few then once their gone the sun shine’s out of their you know what again , but yes we need to geg behind this kid and maintain our support 

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

At the beginning yes then bang on about how limited they are and hold the team back, hutton, weiman , holman, taylor , green just to name a few then once their gone the sun shine’s out of their you know what again , but yes we need to geg behind this kid and maintain our support 

To be fair I have watched numerous vids of vassilev and he actually looks reasonably skilful and capable of picking a pass.

Whether that will translate to the senior team I don't know of course.

Also seems to work hard which is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Spot on. Dean Saunders for example had a very average goal return but was popular because he always put in a shift. 

Saunders scored about 1 in 3 which must stand up to almost every striker we have had since he left!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Saunders scored about 1 in 3 which must stand up to almost every striker we have had since he left!

37 in 112 that’s almost bang on 1 in 3, you’re right, I didn’t think he’d scored that many. Perhaps my expectations were even higher. But he worked hard too, which is why I was trying to use him as a good example of what fans like to see in a player. Another Dean Saunders would do us just now. 

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

37 in 112 that’s almost bang on 1 in 3, you’re right, I didn’t think he’d scored that many. Perhaps my expectations were even higher. But he worked hard too, which is why I was trying to use him as a good example of what fans like to see in a player. Another Dean Saunders would do us just now. 

37 in 112, blimey felt like he scored more than that.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Seems a bit Weimann-esque to me which is no bad thing as a young Weimann was fairly decent.

• Like 1

I’d be tempted to start him against Watford. He’d keep their back line busy with his constant running, which would free up some space for our midfield. We’re missing a focal point, and even if he’s not amazing it would still help the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not really a striker is he? Just a CM who had to play up front for the yoof because they didn't have any.

That's true, but he's played up front a fair few times now for the U23's. I've seen him down the left and in central midfield and I'm not quite sure where he'll end up. His energy, his engine and his determination are strengths, he seems mentally very strong - positionally it's difficult to figure out where he'll become most natural - but he seems to learn quickly and well and he's adjusted to playing up top a lot better than I thought he would.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2020 at 21:41, Zatman said:

pop over to the neil taylor thread and let me know if you still think fans get behind a player who gives his all in spite of technical limitations

if you mean to say that fans will get behind a player who runs through walls in spite of technical limitations AND is an up and coming youngster? then yes i agree with you

• Like 3

Â