Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

inb4.

News: Vassilev back from loan with Burton, where he couldnt get in the first team.

VT : Play him at the weekend he better dan Traore ya!

Didn't he play striker in his last round of first team cameos... Might be a better option than Davis.

Joking aside,  I'd be interested to know how he didn't get into the Burton team if he's a viable candidate for us as a club. Unless there was some pay as you play him kind of arrangement, it can only be because he was rubbish in training. 

He might not make it with us, but I wouldn't write off his chances of going far in the game based on his loan with Burton, sometimes things don't work out for reasons other than a player's ability, could have just been that their manaer took a dislike to him, or something else. I think playing for a club challening for promotion from League Two will be much more beneficial to him than playing for one battling relegation in League One, I imagine that Cheltenham play the better football as well, a pity he didn't just go to them in the first place.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I watch a lot of Cheltenham games, he's not had much game time so far. Just substitute appearances thus far.

Not done much as of yet, the odd glimpses of skill but could do with more game time. 

Unfortunately for him, the other new signing Sam Smith is the preferred option currently and neither is going to take Alfie Mays place in the team.

Am hopeful he will get more game time in the coming games though, Cheltenham have had a couple of bad results and injuries recently so Mike Duff (manager) may mix things up a bit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Still only getting the odd substitute appearance here and there but Cheltenham are now top of the league, so maybe chances will continue to be limited :(

Could do with having a few more shots though, he's only had 1 so far according to the official stats!

Thought he did well for us last season at a time we desperately needed players because of Injury's, he were thrown into the deep end with us not knowing how to properly service a striker.

Glad to see somethings don't change, may as well use him as a sub instead of Davis because we still don't know how to service lone strikers, certainly not much learnt in that department from last year.

I would ask Vasiliev if he feels like reminiscing last season's experience because we could fully offer the lad 100 percent no delivery 😂.

I feel an advertisement during half time being made between us and Amazon. "Villa don't deliver to well and Amazon wont deliver at all because the package is missing" and Vasiliev is holding someone's ps5 or Xbox series 😂..

Edited by Dave-R

6 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Still only getting the odd substitute appearance here and there but Cheltenham are now top of the league, so maybe chances will continue to be limited :(

Could do with having a few more shots though, he's only had 1 so far according to the official stats!

When he does get minutes, what position is he playing? Midfield?

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

"...he were thrown into the deep end with us not knowing how to properly service a striker."

"...Amazon wont deliver at all because the package is missing."

b4c176f4e03db937e0e92178d32277e2.gif

• Like 1

Was expecting Vassilev to get more game time at Cheltenham, longest he's been on the pitch for them is 32 minutes, hasn't even started a game, mostly just comes on for the last ten or so minutes. According to transfermarkt they're using him as a left-winger.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2021 at 13:29, useless said:

Was expecting Vassilev to get more game time at Cheltenham, longest he's been on the pitch for them is 32 minutes, hasn't even started a game, mostly just comes on for the last ten or so minutes. According to transfermarkt they're using him as a left-winger.

If he's not good enough for Cheltenham then he'll need some seriously good coaching to be worth keeping at Villa. 

Â