Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

Like I said in the post match thread, he just has to start against Watford. Having an actual striker on the pitch helped immensely when he come on. His work rate and pressing will help us a lot, just play him against Watford and then we have Samatta available to try and save us from then on. 

• Like 2

At this point he's not a Premier league striker, he might never be - what he does give you is a whole bundle of energy, he's brave, he's a grafter and he'll give you everything he's got.

It's not those qualities that mean he has to start against Watford though - it's the effect that having a striker on the pitch has on the rest of the team - the midfield have somewhere to put the ball, someone to work off, an "out" when they're under pressure - the opposing centrebacks have to mind him and it allows space for Grealish et al - right now, he's not a Premier league footballer - but right now we need him if we're going to be a Premier league team.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's amazing we're in a position where I feel a player I'd never heard of a month ago is vital just because he gives defenders something to think about.

Yet some people on this site still feel the need of defending our recruitment team. Mind boggles. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

At this point he's not a Premier league striker, he might never be - what he does give you is a whole bundle of energy, he's brave, he's a grafter and he'll give you everything he's got.

It's not those qualities that mean he has to start against Watford though - it's the effect that having a striker on the pitch has on the rest of the team - the midfield have somewhere to put the ball, someone to work off, an "out" when they're under pressure - the opposing centrebacks have to mind him and it allows space for Grealish et al - right now, he's not a Premier league footballer - but right now we need him if we're going to be a Premier league team.

Not to mention El Ghazi is a shit striker. Trez would be a better option. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

How can you say he's not a PL footballer? How much have you seen of him?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agreed.

I think it makes selling Kodjia look like absolute insanity. He's not much good, but he';s a **** professional striker. 

My understanding is this kid is used to playing as more of an attacking midfielder, is that right? And just having him as a bit of an outlet clearly paid a part in the second half improvements. To have one single fit striker at the club, freeze him out, and sell him for what is chump change for a PL club amounts to negligence in my book. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How can you say he's not a PL footballer? How much have you seen of him?

I think you're taking it as a dig when @OutByEaster? didn't mean it as one.

18 year olds that can just come in to the senior squad and play at a PL level are so incredibly rare it's almost certain he's not ready. He may well step up in time, but you can't just drag a kid from the youth team and expect they're a PL player.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Did Vassilev get many touches today?

Not really.  He basically sprinted after the ball a lot but didn't really get within 5 yards of their defender before they passed it.  I'd still be tempted to play him midweek and play Jack in Drinkwater's position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â