Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched another U23 YouTube clip of Indy, and man I love his playing style.

Very keen to see how he gets on at Burton and whether they play him as a CM. Judging his skillet from YouTube, which I know I shouldn't do, he definitely looks more of a midfielder than a striker.

7 hours ago, useless said:

It's only half time, was surprised he didn't start, looking at some of the reactions from Burton fans from last weekend it seemed like he did well when he came on.

oh my bad, oops......thought it was FT.

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

This is the fear i have with Ramsey. He'll go out on loan and still get benched. 

well, in reality, if they are good enough they wont get benched....

Although i would have hoped Villa agreed a certain amount of playing time as a minimum? (dunno).

but overall, if they are good enough they will likely get minutes.....

I think Vassilev will be a regular starter for Burton before long, last week he'd only just joined them so wasn't surprising that he was on the bench and they won that game so isn't too surprising that their manager has named an unchanged line-up today.

Ramsey started five of his seven appearances for Doncaster last season, a team that was challenging for promotion, he'll get plenty of game time wherever he goes.

• Like 4

On 26/09/2020 at 16:09, Johnnyp said:

This is the fear i have with Ramsey. He'll go out on loan and still get benched. 

Depends where he goes. He was starting and scoring for Doncaster last season so can't see him being benched by any league 1 or bottom half championship team as think he's already good enough for that level.

I get the feeling we'll keep hold of him until January if we can get rid of likes of Jota and Lansbury as that will free up some space in the squad even if we get another CM in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2020 at 22:16, VillaChris said:

Depends where he goes. He was starting and scoring for Doncaster last season so can't see him being benched by any league 1 or bottom half championship team as think he's already good enough for that level.

Could be he's moved past League one already. I wouldn't have said that before this season, but he impressed in the cup. If a loan happens for him it should possibly be to a championship side where he sees plenty of first team action. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wether he’s good or not, he helped us indirectly win 4 important points last season against Brighton and Watford. So for that itself I’ll keep a good memory of him even if he didn’t touch the ball with us again. Hope the best for him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no fan of Davis, but there's nothing at all to suggest that. He's not causing waves for Burton, and that's no reason to write him off at just 19, but dropping him in for Watkins would be ridiculous. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm no fan of Davis, but there's nothing at all to suggest that. He's not causing waves for Burton, and that's no reason to write him off at just 19, but dropping him in for Watkins would be ridiculous. 

He is good at pressing which Walkins is. Davis isnt.  Thats why I suggested it.  We don’t have any options.  Also is he even getting on for Burton?  I actually rate Davis, just don’t think he is anything similar to Walkins!

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Also is he even getting on for Burton? 

Not anymore. He had a good runout starting plenty of games earlier in the season, but he got dropped a month or two ago and hasn't even come off the bench since. Doesn't look like they rate him, so he may as well come home.

Â