Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not really.  He basically sprinted after the ball a lot but didn't really get within 5 yards of their defender before they passed it.  

Like a jack russell then 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's amazing we're in a position where I feel a player I'd never heard of a month ago is vital just because he gives defenders something to think about.

Agreed. Director of football. Chief scout. Head coach. Whoever the **** should be sacked. Richest league in the world. A years dosh and we go with one legitimate striker and a washed up player nobody fancies anymore.

It is dereliction of duties. Unforgiveable.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At this point he's not a Premier league striker, he might never be - what he does give you is a whole bundle of energy, he's brave, he's a grafter and he'll give you everything he's got.

It's not those qualities that mean he has to start against Watford though - it's the effect that having a striker on the pitch has on the rest of the team - the midfield have somewhere to put the ball, someone to work off, an "out" when they're under pressure - the opposing centrebacks have to mind him and it allows space for Grealish et al - right now, he's not a Premier league footballer - but right now we need him if we're going to be a Premier league team.

watching his highlights he looks like more of an advanced midfielder / attacking midfielder  type to me?

Edited by MaVilla

47 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Without his run down the channel, jack wouldn't have been in the place he scored from.  That run dragged their defence apart and we capitalised.  

We'll played young'un!

Exactly - some people have said he didn’t get close to the ball, and he had a couple of runs he got wrong and offsides he misjudged, but that was a textbook striker’s run and pulled their defence apart.

Need to see him more on the ball before I get excited but always lovely to see an academy prospect getting first-team minutes and contributing.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2020 at 19:02, sharkyvilla said:

Not really.  He basically sprinted after the ball a lot but didn't really get within 5 yards of their defender before they passed it.  I'd still be tempted to play him midweek and play Jack in Drinkwater's position.

His run for the goal was crucial. I have seen enough of him off the ball to know he doesn't find that half of the game daunting. Which is a good sign. Not to say he's complete, far from it, but he has the lungs for it and that's a massive help. If he's a half capable footballer on the ball too, we have a player on our hands. Impressive for an 18 year old. 

I think everyone from the CEO to the fans will want to give him time and support because of the energy he brings. If Davis ever gets fit we may have a couple of young options to complement Samatta and Wesley, moving forward.

Or they could all bust. Literally in Davis and Wesley's case. 

On 18/01/2020 at 19:02, sharkyvilla said:

Not really.  He basically sprinted after the ball a lot but didn't really get within 5 yards of their defender before they passed it.  I'd still be tempted to play him midweek and play Jack in Drinkwater's position.

Also when you're pressing, the aim isn't always to immediately win the ball. We don't actually know what his instructions are, but he will have some. 

"Chase everything" would be my guess!

Â