Indiana Vassilev

Zatman

On 01/04/2022 at 23:06, useless said:

Probably quite a few scouts at tonights U23 game watching players we might be releasing or looking to loan out in the summer, Vassilev who's apparently out of contract in June, probably didn't do his chances any harm, had a pretty decent game and scored a very good goal...

Peach of a goal that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

How can a player on loan from us change teams without our say so? I thought I also read that St Louis sold the rights to him back to Miami. If that's correct, how can another club make money off of our player?

We've essentially loaned him to MLS, they can move him around as they please. I doubt Miami makes anything other than a future draft pick, if that. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

We've essentially loaned him to MLS, they can move him around as they please. I doubt Miami makes anything other than a future draft pick, if that. 

So does that mean Miami didn’t have a say on whether they keep him or not? Despite being the ones which triggered the move for him to go to the MLS?

Edited by Tayls

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I’m surprised he even got another mls move. His record with Miami was 5 goals and 0 assists in 46 games.

Was an expansion draft so the weaker players from each team are available for the new team to draft. Better players are usually protected

If he has been drafted I assume he isn't a Villa player anymore

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

How can a player on loan from us change teams without our say so? I thought I also read that St Louis sold the rights to him back to Miami. If that's correct, how can another club make money off of our player?

in the MLS, player contracts are iirc with the league, not with the team. That's why clubs can trade players (like in other American sports leagues). 

The draft is interesting because of all the rules with registration & rules -- Inter Miami got in trouble for breaching the salary cap recently and lost money and draft picks

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

So does that mean Miami didn’t have a say on whether they keep him or not? Despite being the ones which triggered the move for him to go to the MLS?

theoretically they chose not to protect his rights in the expansion draft so they *did* have a choice but the thing is that they (St Louis) selected his rights to begin extension talks. He still is under contract with us until June iirc so I don't know how that will work

His loan with St Louis is up until January 1ˢᵗ after which they will have to agree a deal with us if they want him beyond that date, it might be that an agreement is already in place and he will stay with the Louligans for the rest of their season which I'm guessing will take him to the end of his contract with us or close to it.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

His loan with St Louis is up until January 1ˢᵗ after which they will have to agree a deal with us if they want him beyond that date, it might be that an agreement is already in place and he will stay with the Louligans for the rest of their season which I'm guessing will take him to the end of his contract with us or close to it.

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is he actually really still our player? How bizarre. 

are we sure he still has a contract with us?

the below is from the AV website, implying his contract ran to June 22, i cant see a contract extension anywhere so im kind of assuming he isnt actually ours any more!?

image.thumb.png.80a75f29935e26f6058282496a22af72.png

edit:

maybe he did sign an extension, as he did officially go out on loan from us in May 22????

weird.....

image.thumb.png.4132c778b229f7d2e1c8e377dfda1bf6.png

Edited by MaVilla

• 2 months later...
Â