Match Thread: Burnley v Villa

limpid

I will hold my hand up and say I was all doom n gloom before the match, caveated by me saying we would struggle without a change of formation..... I am really happy I'm wrong and hope we kick on the 2nd half another goal or two and a clean sheet would be wonderful for moral for the team and the VT family!

Just now, Keyblade said:

That's what I love about Smith. He recognizes our issues and actually goes about correcting them. Far too often we've seen lip service from previous managers about our faults, but nothing ever changes.

If anything I'd say its a weakness he's been slow changing it up. It's been quite clear that 4-3-3 wasn't working. , plenty of people who's been crying out for a back 3/5 for a while now. 

• Like 1

What a half. Been a piece of piss. Actually excited about Konsa and Hause in the wide CB spots. 3 ball playing centre halves let's us control the game better and takes the pressure off those two positionally

Edited by villanmac

We thumped them first half at VP.

They're going to make exactly the same change. It'll be Rodriguez on and three up front for them.

Get ready Villa. 

More goals in this.

Well done big Wes, keep working.

• Like 1

This formation is perfect for our squad.

Mings is a genuine sweeper, and sitting back there he can boss the whole team around.

Konsa and Hause both have gas and aren't too bad on the ball, so they can drive forwards with Mings covering.

Nakamba and Luiz with 3 CBs behind them can push a bit higher and play more like CMs than holding midfielders.

Wesley is getting more players running past him, so his "false 9" act looks a bit more sensible.

Even Neil Taylor is looking quite good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Players look like strangers.

Not winning 50/50s or second balls.

No movement.

No aggression.

Tactics look all wrong.

......yet Dyche has had years.

See, it happens. That’s all there is to it.

Finally Changing from 433 to a system that suits his players is the answer