VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Apparently he was  battling that bastard disease for four years, Terrible 

Yeah it's a horrible way to go and I hope he went more peaceful than when I watched my mother and father die of it. It really does take everything out a person, there health especially and everyone that loved them is left to watch that person diteriate and there is nothing you can do for them exceptbe there in the end.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman.

• Like 1

Erick Morillo (DJ, for those of you who did not spend the 90’s/00’s off your tits on weekends).

Seems he’s had some tough times of late and got done for assaulting a woman, the release of the news indicates the usual, either accidental death from drugs or suicide it appears.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Erick Morillo (DJ, for those of you who did not spend the 90’s/00’s off your tits on weekends).

Seems he’s had some tough times of late and got done for assaulting a woman, the release of the news indicates the usual, either accidental death from drugs or suicide it appears.

Shit that sucks. I'm very sad that he died, and very sad that he appears to have deeply damaged someone else's life as well (reading about the case, he turned himself in after a rape kit tested positive for his DNA).

Morillo had tough times for a number of years but seemed to be getting back on track a few years ago. His 2015 Essential Mix is in my top three sets to listen to, and I listen to it at least every month or two. Skip the first 4 or so minutes of Radio 1 bumfluff and it's a top mix of house and tech house IMO:

Has a particular meaning for me because I used to listen to it just before my assessed lessons in my last teaching qualification to get in the zone.

Conflicted thoughts really, and don't want to forget this victim, and what she has gone through. Whole thing sucks.

• Thanks 2

Not sure if this is apt for this topic but Paul McGrath's mum Betty passed away last night. 

Not famous in her own right but giving birth to a villa legend deserves some recognition surely ?

He frequently mentioned her on social media describing her as his hero etc., so he definitely gets my sympathies. 

Ar dheis Dia atá a Anam dilis xx

Edited by mottaloo
  • Sad 2

David Graeber was a really interesting academic, who had an outsized impact on recent political history (if nothing else, the Occupy protests would have looked very different or not happened at all without him). Reading him interact with others online, he came across as a 'difficult' character in a number of ways, but he was a genuinely interesting thinker. I'll miss reading him.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't want to alarm people, but I think @Demitri_C has hacked @mottaloo's account.

🙂 no, this one aint on Dem ! It's my poor attempt to speak "as gaelige" (in Irish) and it roughly translates to "may she rest in peace at God's right hand", a common and regular expression i have heard many times as a second generation irishman 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

Â