VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So am I the only one who immediately assumed we were talking about the Bournemouth left-back?

Have Bournemouth got a left back named after the boat that Robert Maxwell slipped off?

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Kind of ironic from a guy that was a total right wing nut job by the end.

It's interesting how many folks start out leftie and end up raging right wing ding bats.

Kerouac was another. Died an alcoholic, Catholic right wing psycho if memory serves me right.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Judy Dyble previously of Fairport Convention has died. 

Shocker. She'd only just released an album with David Longdon (of Big Big Train).  :(

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Long illness apparently

Yeah, lung cancer, just read about it. Race against time to complete the album as she knew she was on the way out - much like Leonard Cohen and David Bowie with their final albums. Can't imagine what that must be like. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, lung cancer, just read about it. Race against time to complete the album as she knew she was on the way out - much like Leonard Cohen and David Bowie with their final albums. Can't imagine what that must be like. 

Yeah it must feel a little pressured to say the least. I need to finish this and I need it to be perfect before I die, which isn't far off

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s awful. John Travolta lost his son too about a decade a go. 

As well as his girlfriend in the seventies...to breast cancer.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Judy Dyble previously of Fairport Convention has died. 

Personally not a fan of Fairport Convention but fully realise they were pretty damn good and RIP to the lady who has died. On a (slightly ) lighter note, do you all know of the Birmingham connection ? Dave Pegg played in an ace B/ham band called The Uglys (featured Steve Gibbons). He then formed B/hams' answer to Cream called The Exception - brilliant they were. Ric Sanders played in a B/ham band called 2nd Vision who really should have been much bigger.

Â