VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

On 30/12/2019 at 15:37, Seat68 said:

Prince Phillip. 

Vera Lynn

Kirk Douglas

Betty White

Bob Barker

2 out of 5 for me. A few invincibles, a couple I have foolishly put through to 2021. 

On 30/12/2019 at 15:23, Xela said:

2 hits last year (Clive James and Robert Mugabe)

This years selection

- Phil the Greek 

- Kirk Douglas

- Jimmy Carter

- Jimmy Greaves 

- Vera Lynn

40% hit rate

I think i've had 2 right in each of the last 3 years. 

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can't believe our resident Merseybeat expert @bickster hasn't mentioned the passing of loveable Scouse songster Gerry Marsden. 

Other thread Mike, that said I was expecting some critique from him. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Other thread Mike, that said I was expecting some critique from him. 

Wrote two bloody annoying Scouse anthems. That song makes the ferry an endurance journey. Now he's dead, his legacy will be no less irritating

But on the positive side, he was a nice bloke and did quite a bit for the Hilsborough campaign (and other charities too). Once Pete Price has finished mourning his loss (probably 2029), it'll be one less person that Pete Price can call a mate who really isn't

I'd much rather Pete Price died to be perfectly honest. I wished Mr Marsden no Ill

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Who actually won last year?

I got 4 out of 5 but I think a few others got some of the same

Yeah but you gotta do the division too, it's not just who got the most

Which is why all the people going for Prince Philip this year will get about 5 points each if he carks it

On 24/12/2020 at 08:48, veloman said:

Leslie West, good rock guitarist with 'Mountain' died aged 75. Mississippi Queen - great rock number IMO.

Was into a’lot of the great rock bands from the 60s/70s. Was and still am a big zeppelin fan , but a few years ago my grandad said to me if you think zeppelin are good you wanna listen to Mountain . I’d never heard of them, so he gets his Mountain vinyl out which were Japanese imports from back in the day , and put them on full blast . What a huge sound that came through the speakers. They were a great band and Leslie West had such a great guitar tone.  It’s not Tony Iommi heavy , but really heavy blues. Anyway I went out and grabbed all their albums on cd . He also made some really good solo stuff, too, along with the supergroup that he formed. Preferred listening to Leslie West than I did Eddie Van Halen and that type of playing , although I didn’t mind Van Halen. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Â