VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Tim Smith of The Cardiacs has died. I was thinking he was immortal

Ah ****, that's a big one for me.

Love the band and I think he was a genuine genius. Sad stuff.

• Like 2

Saw the original Fleetwood Mac at the Top Rank in B/ham - original lineup , including Jeremy Spencer. We used to do a couple of their numbers (but obviously not as well) - Shake Your Money Maker springs to mind. Another ace guitarist who played with John Mayall.

Edited by veloman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

C. P. Lee gone, 70. Former frontman of Alberto y Los Trios Paranoias, writer and Bob Dylan fan. 

This could be the winner of most obscure person to get a mention in the deadpool thread.

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Help me out here, somebody. 

I am sure there will be someone considered obscure fairly soon. CP Lee, for me at least isnt hugely obscure. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

This could be the winner of most obscure person to get a mention in the deadpool thread.

Don't be silly. He wrote Blue Monday FFS

And there's a distinct line that can be drawn from Alberto Y Los Trios Paranoias and the Durutti Column via The Mothmen to... Simply Red

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Don't be silly. He wrote Blue Monday FFS

And there's a distinct line that can be drawn from Alberto Y Los Trios Paranoias and the Durutti Column via The Mothmen to... Simply Red

What the hell is that song? It made my ears bleed.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

What the hell is that song? It made my ears bleed.

Gerry and the Holograms by Gerry and the Holgrams, Quite clearly whether it be conciously or unconciously, New Order nicked that for Blue Monday

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Gerry and the Holograms by Gerry and the Holgrams, Quite clearly whether it be conciously or unconciously, New Order nicked that for Blue Monday

How long earth can you be quoting this when something rather important is going on upstairs

Edited by Follyfoot

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

How long earth can you be quoting this when something rather important is going on upstairs

a) Irony alert

b) quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about the football

Â