Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Nakamba has had a bit of a mare, trezeguet still no end product, Sterling getting in with ease past Guilbert (although he is probably the most in form player in world football right now).

Not sure we need to make changes to personnel, they just need to concentrate more and stop ball watching, and Nakamba needs to calm down.

Ref is so obviously giving stupid VAR calls for City and ignoring shit for us. I've waxed lyrical on Trez thread about can't believe people thought AEG should be dropped for him. Rest my case send him off to Boro in Jan or something. He's worse than an All Black tonight and all the time

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

A decent half, better than I expected. Really can't see us scoring though. 

To be fair, there have been a couple of times where slightly better final decision making could have seen us score.

However, I could say this about many of our games.

Though we have rode our luck at times but we've also had a few chances ourselves. 

This is Man City away, bloody good performance so far. 

decent opening 3 mins by Villa then man city taken over and we look scruffy at the back.

We are struggling to keep the ball. Wesley needs to do better.

it's one decent chance each. disgusting dive by sterling got grealish booked. we should appeal that

Hard for Wes as we haven’t had the ball much but what is frustrating is that when we do and when we do knock it forward he just doesn’t use his body or put himself about. It’s frustrating as hell!

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's difficult being a targetman against better teams, but if you don't bully them and you don't win free kicks, and you mess up the few breaks you get into, then why keep playing him. 

I hope he gets better with time, but we desperately need to replace him with a rotation option. I'd get Davis on all day long. 

spot on.

• Like 2

Nakamba has made some mistakes but he's also done some very good stuff turning defence into attack.

We're in the game still, should have had a penalty I reckon, more the Luiz one than the handball shout but either could have been given. Jack on a yellow is slightly concerning and we'll need to score a couple to get anything out of this I reckon but we do actually carry a threat so who knows.

We have been rather decent so far, a whole hearted defensive spectacle. Man City not coming across as super sharp is much about us denying them as well.

However: I wish for a bit more belief in ourselves going forward and keeping the ball. It must be demoralizing for the players to lose the ball time and time again almost as soon as we've gained control over it. I know it is to me!

Can't believe so many negative comments towards Wesley, hes so isolated and we knew he was going to be today. 

We've got into half time 0-0 and everyone has worked hard including Wesley and Trezeguet. Let's support the lads yeah

• Like 2