Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

We have been rather decent so far, a whole hearted defensive spectacle. Man City not coming across as super sharp is much about us denying them as well.

However: I wish for a bit more belief in ourselves going forward and keeping the ball. It must be demoralizing for the players to lose the ball time and time again almost as soon as we've gained control over it. I know it is to me!

something we need to improve upon when the window opens.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Dude get real

I understand it’s a tough role to play and think he has a lot to offer the side but I suspect he’s not played many matches for his previous club where he has to be the target man in a team with very little possession. 

It’s a mental thing as much as anything and he’s struggling with it from what I can see. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Got to be a priority to give us another option in January. He's more cold than hot, he's been a passenger so often.

Still most goal involvement of any player equal with Grealish and El Ghazi and team has scored =5th most goals in the league before this game week started as opposed to likes of a Trez who so many wanted to play and has done a whole lot of nothing bar giving the ball away constantly

Problem with Wes is he wants to always take the perfect touch, make the perfect move. He needs to learn just keeping the CBs busy is good enough. Challenge them into making mistakes. Stones is a ticking time bomb. Make him explode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Honestly shocked by how negative all the comments are. What were you expecting?

I don't think anyone was/is expecting to win.....but some of the basics like holding on to the ball for a reasonable time or first touch, is something we should expect to be right.

Once again, by the sounds of it.....too many players not getting to grips with their own game.

Edited by TRO

I think the big reason Trez started was for his defensive work rate. If we take him off we El Ghazi then we lose that. On the flip side, El Ghazi would offer more of a threat going forward imo so it's a tough one. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I understand it’s a tough role to play and think he has a lot to offer the side but I suspect he’s not played many matches for his previous club where he has to be the target man in a team with very little possession. 

It’s a mental thing as much as anything and he’s struggling with it from what I can see. 

Practically 1 in 2, for a brand new young player with a mahoosive price tag. He's got a lot of credit as it stands. But each to their own. 

Just now, TRO said:

I don't think anyone was/is expecting to win.....but some of the basics like holding on to the ball for a reasonable time or first touch, is something we should expect to be right.

I honestly think we've done fine, it's terrible conditions against one of the best teams ever.

• Like 1