Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, KillieVillain said:

Wesley has a thankless task upfront but he has to do more, he’s contributed nothing so far.

It's difficult being a targetman against better teams, but if you don't bully them and you don't win free kicks, and you mess up the few breaks you get into, then why keep playing him. 

I hope he gets better with time, but we desperately need to replace him with a rotation option. I'd get Davis on all day long. 

0 - 0 is a great great result for us so far. I'm very happy with that overall.

However, our right hand side is awful. Sterling is murdering Gilbert, I don't think it's legal what he is doing??

Edited by AVTuco

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have no movement up there with him no wonder he can't do much. 

You are just making excuses.. He literally JUST got the ball from Grealish, he could challenge, beat his man, or pass on Grealish's run, OR pass on Trez coming opposite OR pass it backwards. He could do a ton of things. We had runs going, he just didn't use them, nor did he do anything useful as he messed up his pass in the end. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You are just making excuses.. He literally JUST got the ball from Grealish, he could challenge, beat his man, or pass on Grealish's run, OR pass on Trez coming opposite OR pass it backwards. He could do a ton of things. We had runs going, he just didn't use them, nor did he do anything useful as he messed up his pass in the end. 

I like like him, but I agree, a big man like Wes shouldn't be passing backwards and sideways so much.