January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're not a retirement home and god damn it I loved him

Watched Spam v Liverpool the other night and he was the only one they had trying to do a damn thing, I'd take him back happily just to have him in the squad, especially if Jota is going out on loan.

Bowen looks decent but I'm not sure he is worth the fuss being made about missing out. 

Not 100% sure he is miles better than what we have and there has to be a reason, West Ham, a team on a downward spiral, are the only team willing to go for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Based purely on gut feel and a complete lack of knowledge, I have a feeling that Selkie could be the one that we're trying to sign.

I don't think that's unrealistic but don't think he's much good but people want a warm body that's a striker

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Watched Spam v Liverpool the other night and he was the only one they had trying to do a damn thing, I'd take him back happily just to have him in the squad, especially if Jota is going out on loan.

The funny thing is that Snodgrass is probably the player who will make way for Bowen. Swap one workhorse for another, while keeping all the fancy flair players that seem to be having trouble coming up with the goods.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

What is wrong with Bowen and his agent? West Ham are a basket case. I really think they're big chance to go down

They have offered the biggest possible fee and contract probably. West Ham is currently the very last club I would join as a young player.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Signing one experienced player when in desperate need of options and experience =retirement home.

Ok I have him back but only if they provide subtitles for his AVFC TV promos

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bowen looks decent but I'm not sure he is worth the fuss being made about missing out. 

Not 100% sure he is miles better than what we have and there has to be a reason, West Ham, a team on a downward spiral, are the only team willing to go for him. 

I douubt West Ham are the only who were interested in him. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

They have offered the biggest possible fee and contract probably. West Ham is currently the very last club I would join as a young player.

Weren't figures of 60k a week being bandied around for Bowen? That would make him one of, if not the highest, paid player at the club. Worth upsetting the apple cart? Maybe not. 

I think we are too constrained by FFP based on deals so far and not bidding for Bowen which covers 2 positions we need strengthening. It is what it is. I think we have a solid team as long as we are lucky on the injury front

Just now, lexicon said:

Weren't figures of 60k a week being bandied around for Bowen? That would make him one of, if not the highest, paid player at the club. Worth upsetting the apple cart? Maybe not. 

Highest paid at which club?

I can guarantee West Ham have people on more than £60k p/w and I'm fairly sure we do too........

• Like 2