January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, The Hawk said:

Sander Berge to Sheffield United is such a missed opportunity for us.

It was but just wasn’t a priority this window, the money pot isn’t bottomless. I think he has loads of potential.

Edited by zab6359

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

My official prediction for Friday: We sign somebody we haven't been linked to and that 85% of us have to Google upon learning of the move. We will then decide, as a group, that this player is great and will be the difference between keeping us up and sending us down. 

This sounds about right to me 😀 

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

Bowen plays out wide!

He can play as Winger, forward even in midfield. He may prefer to play out wide but that isn't all he can do which is why we should also bring him in.

5 hours ago, The Hawk said:

He wouldn't come.

Sheff Utd doing so well get rewarded. They can now purchase players at a higher caliber they couldn't do at the start of the season.

• Like 1

I've seen a fair bit of Berge, and while he has potential and plenty of time to improve, he's also a big risk at that price on this level. He's not as good as people got him portayed in my opinion. 

But I'll admit he is physically suited for this league. 

• Like 1

The thing is, £22m is a lot, and a risk for us at the moment. Look at Fornals, we all felt we had missed out big time to WHU, everyone thought he was going to be brilliant, he might be in due course but he has struggled, same as Joelinton, Haller to an extent, Moise Kean etc etc. Trez has been OK for what you might expect at €11m, but wether he is good enough in a year or two for where we want to be (ie if we are not in the Championship!), who knows.

5 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Not just him but Jarrod Bowen too, looking at the players we bought in during the summer and looking at the business some of the other clubs are doing makes me wonder what Suso actually brings to us.