January Transfers 2019/20

sne

My official prediction for Friday: We sign somebody we haven't been linked to and that 85% of us have to Google upon learning of the move. We will then decide, as a group, that this player is great and will be the difference between keeping us up and sending us down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

My official prediction for Friday: We sign somebody we haven't been linked to and that 85% of us have to Google upon learning of the move. We will then decide, as a group, that this player is great and will be the difference between keeping us up and sending us down. 

Only until his first misplaced pass.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What are peoples predictions for tomorrow? 

If chester and jota go, we need 2 to replace and realistically we need another forward on top to get us bsck to what we had at the start of the summer!

Small part of me thinks we wont get anyone and roll out the well we tried really hard line

Darragh MacAnthony is represnting your namesake: Cheeky move on Deadline Day? :D

Edited by Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, villaluke said:

ryan frazer only got 6 months left on his contract doubt we will sign him now but could be good player to get in the summer. 

I would take Frazer in a heartbeat...  He's much better than Treze & El Ghazi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is it warning amnesty day? Chester and Hutton getting injured got us promoted

I don’t think it is but we should DEFINITELY have one 😀..........bit like that Curfew Film. Anyone who is likely to get offended stay logged out, the rest of us let rip !

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

It was this sort of comment that jarred when I mentioned how he was playing through the pain and risking his complete career. Ever thought some of those 'howlers' were as a result of being no-where really fit to play, yet did, because we had nothing else? It's no coincidence that he wasn't error prone in the first year or so of his time here. Then when we did get defensive reinforcements in, a player playing week in, week out hardly played again for the next year. It shows how ruined he was but played anyways. It doesn't mean people want to give him a 5 year deal or any other dramatic reward. You weren't simply being pragmatic, you were shitting on his performances, not taking into account why his performances may have dipped. Nothing wrong with expecting better, or progress but don't shit on your own door-step either, especially a door-step that did all it could for you and was fine until it cracked but wasn't replaced and was expected to carry on as normal.

Is it ok if I didn't think he was as great as some people make out before the injuries? Is that allowed? Personally it does my head in how people shit on some current players for the wrong reasons and get all misty eyed about players that haven't kicked a ball in ages then are outraged if anyone says anything negative about them

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He's always injured and isn't getting any younger... No Thanks

giphy.gif

I used to play that Doctor game all the time as a kid. Should bring it back with Andy Carroll, Jack Wilshere and with an 18 + rating Phil Jones versions.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I would take Frazer in a heartbeat...  He's much better than Treze & El Ghazi.

1 goal 3 assists this season. Nothing in last 11 games. Bound to bounce back against us now I've brought this up

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is it ok if I didn't think he was as great as some people make out before the injuries? Is that allowed?

Sure, no need to ask my permission, or act like I'm trying to stifle your view. I just disagree with it. 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is it ok if I didn't think he was as great as some people make out before the injuries? Is that allowed? Personally it does my head in how people shit on some current players for the wrong reasons and get all misty eyed about players that haven't kicked a ball in ages then are outraged if anyone says anything negative about them

It's not your opinions that ruffle the feathers of others. I agree with most of them myself. It's the dismissive manner in which you treat anybody else's opinion that does. I don't have a problem with anything you've said, but I fully understand why others could react to it the way they have.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Pretty sure we won't get anyone in tomorrow. 

I would find that odd from the club really. Yes we've got a striker in belatedly but as has been mentioned first half of the season we had 3 strikers on the books (although Davis and Kodj missed large chunks) and if nothing happens tomorrow we'll go into final three months with just two senior strikers. One remains Davis who could get injured at any time and Samatta already came off fatigued on Tuesday so will need time to build his fitness up to be effective over 90 minutes.

As we saw in last month unlucky long term injuries can happen at any point in any game. In a way it was good fortune they at least happened in run up to and during January rather than say middle of September.

If we don't sign anyone tomorrow I'd love to know exactly who we went after and who was untouchable in terms of recruitment (more relaxed about out wide and defence as that can wait until the summer imo as we still do have options there).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's not your opinions that ruffle the feathers of others. I agree with most of them myself. It's the dismissive manner in which you treat anybody else's opinion that does. I don't have a problem with anything you've said, but I fully understand why others could react to it the way they have.

The first 2 posts I read this morning from a usual suspect shitting on Smith and the board set my mood for the day on here

Actually changed my mind on Chester leaving as guess who was in a back 3 at times for Girona last season and had some good games....Douglas Luiz.

Think anyone expecting three players in next 24 hours is wildly optimistic. It will be 1 and seems it's 50/50 whether wide attacker will even be signed.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think anyone expecting three players in next 24 hours is wildly optimistic. It will be 1 and seems it's 50/50 whether wide attacker will even be signed

I said nearly a week ago if we only signed 1 more player I hoped it was Bowen

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we don't sign anyone tomorrow I'd love to know exactly who we went after and who was untouchable in terms of recruitment (more relaxed about out wide and defence as that can wait until the summer imo as we still do have options there).

Give the club switchboard a call and ask for Suso!