January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't believe Hull would let Bowen leave for £3m rising to £15m if Leeds get promoted. They might as well keep him and sell him in the summer.

If however the deal is potentially true, we should absolutely be moving in with a similar offer.

It does sound odd.  I'm pretty sure his contract runs out in the summer but there is an option to add a year.  Just sounds like a strange way to construct an offer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't believe Hull would let Bowen leave for £3m rising to £15m if Leeds get promoted. They might as well keep him and sell him in the summer.

If however the deal is potentially true, we should absolutely be moving in with a similar offer.

You can't believe it as its obvious bs. Why would Hull sell their best player (by a mile) halfway through the season, when they are only 3 points of the playoff places? They will get at least 18 million in the summer with no downside. Also, why would bowen go to another championship team when there is probably a queue of Premier league teams interested?! 

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Also, why would bowen go to another championship team when there is probably a queue of Premier league teams interested?! 

Leeds are in automatic promotion spot in January so obviously getting promotion 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw a video on YouTube where Paul Merson says that a team only plays 3 at the back because the defenders aren’t good enough. I’m interested to know others thoughts on this

Only one team has ever won the Champions League with a back 3. Answers on a postcard....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Like Bowen would go to Leeds! even at moment

Wolves are sniffing around him at moment and few other clubs! Hull want over £20mil

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Okonokos said:

Merson is just a drama queen who loves making dramatic statements for effect. He talks utter crap.

And his thing is he can't say long or foreign sounding names. Any other profession he would never be hired, he is there to be laughed at. 

Would struggle with your username for a start 

• Haha 2

Of course Merson is wrong that teams only play a back three because their centre backs aren't good enough. People have posted plenty of examples of great back threes.

However, in the specific case of Aston Villa 2019/20, I think he's exactly right that that's why we are playing a back three.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Leeds are in automatic promotion spot in January so obviously getting promotion 😄

The same Leeds that completely fell apart last season and every other season for the last 15 years! They were 12 points clear earlier in the season and are now down to 6. Could be history repeating. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course Merson is wrong that teams only play a back three because their centre backs aren't good enough. People have posted plenty of examples of great back threes.

However, in the specific case of Aston Villa 2019/20, I think he's exactly right that that's why we are playing a back three.

I think we are playing a back 3 as protection as our midfield and full backs are weak

• Like 2