January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The same Leeds that completely fell apart last season and every other season for the last 15 years! They were 12 points clear earlier in the season and are now down to 6. Could be history repeating. 

thats the joke GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What you on about firstly you can go on about attacking a post and saying it's not personal by saying take of the shit stained spectacles because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. 

I can't go through your whole post either as it's all over the place. But here are a few answers or questions whichever you prefer. Nobody, especially me is saying lets not get rid of Kodjia, I'm just saying cover first as our needs are more important. His wage should be irrelevant in comparison to what we may need for a game or two until such time as cover is available. I would rather us have options on the pitch or bench until whenever than nothing at all. 40k on one or two players isn't going to kill us when we are in the PL. We still have I believe one of the lowest paid squads if not the lowest in the PL. And if we are intending on hanging around it will become less relevant, especially a player who'd be off the books in the summer anyway. As I said a potential 3 points is where I'm at. Whats wrong with that?

Also lets be straight here, we didn't bring the players in the summer and then think we didn't need further strengthening. I think the whole world agreed we needed further additions asap when Jan arrived. Especially in the forward area and out wide. Even centrally what we have now injuries have also taken hold, is a situation whereby we are stretched in other areas too. So although your talking about things I never initially commented on with regards to the influx(which I am fully aware of) of players. I think it's also relevant to mention further additions were always going to be required. Also tbf why is it every CF is 20-30m? If we are managed correctly as you feel, why wouldn't we have a couple of gems from the lower divisions in at the start of the season for lower fees? We didn't and you don't have to just buy 20-30m players. 

Now with regards the Benteke comments. Give me the old Benteke out for a while with Gabby and Weimann as back up any day other than nobody. You want to talk about where do top CF's come from, erm...Other clubs mate. Like Maupay for 18m or Ings or any of the other potential strikers we could have purchased in the summer, on top of Wes instead of relying on sicknote Davies and lazy bollox Kodjia(in the eyes of many) as his back up. FWIW I'm not hating on Wes either but everybody knew he/we would need another CF as a min so lets not go on like its all blew up just this second and the club have been caught out. And that the potential for being in this situation didn't exist. I don't care what Wes was on for if he'd remained fit. Who gives a crap about that now he's out?! So unfortunately his presence has become useless. 

The thing is. I appreciate the difficulties when they arise and I understand the situation we are in. As  but I will leave you with this because I really don't want to continue backwards and forwards with someone who see things differently. PPPPPP. UTV 

Apologies for the shit-stain commentary, that wasn't necessary, but it really isn't meant as a personal jibe. Take it as a poor attempt at illustrating my point of view.

I have scanned over your post and will just say thanks for your reply, it seems like a good one, I'll refrain from posting a reply 'til I have time to address it sufficiently.

I don't think we agree upon much but it's good to explore different perspectives and have our own challenged as we can pick up what resonates and leave what doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Reina

Konsa            Mings            Hause

Guilbert                 Nzonzi      Drinkwater                      Targett

Grealish

Slimani         Samatta

Doesn't look too bad ( maybe Nakamba or Luiz for Drinkwater)

Dunno, it looked a bit all over the place to me 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Reina

Konsa            Mings            Hause

Guilbert                 Nzonzi      Drinkwater                      Targett

Grealish

Slimani         Samatta

Doesn't look too bad ( maybe Nakamba or Luiz for Drinkwater)

Problem with this line up:-

We won't sign N'Zonzi!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Bayern defo had a back 3 in 2001, as did Ajax in 1995 and I'm pretty sure Real Madrid did in 2000. Possibly Juve in 1996 too.

Only one team has ever won the Champions League with a back 4. Answers on a postcard please

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Remember this account from the summer? Know their shit

I'm wary. The original got shut down and a lot popped up pretending to be him.

First one was great, got nothing wrong.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Remember this account from the summer? Know their shit

It's not the real AVtransfers. The original one shut down cos they were close to being found out I think. This one is a fake that popped up. They post everything AFTER news comes out. Drinkwater signing came out, he posted about a medical. Same with Samatta, news came out and he posted about a medical. The old account used to post about medicals, with a different way of typing too, before any link was very close.

Edited by Trickster
  • Thanks 1

This time last year we needed a big, strong, physical, athletic central midfield player and we didn’t get one. We also needed one in the summer and we didn’t get one. We need one now and we, so far, haven’t signed one. I’m not sure whether Smith is blind to this, doesn’t agree or just can’t find the right person but it is absolutely killing us. 
It’s simple for me. Sign this player and our team is transformed. After a CF it is the most important signature in my view. Nzonzi makes us a decent mid table team.

If there's any chance of getting Nzonzi they need to get it done. He's a unit and will stop opposing midfielders bearing down on our defence. 

Get him in on a paid for loan deal with the agreement in place to buy him at the end of the season. 

• Like 1