January Transfers 2019/20

sne

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're right, just minus the 9 points he helped us with then.

Then we can do the weekly circular hypothetical argument about why literally ANY half decent striker would have thrived with the way the rest of the team were performing (and system) - and given us more points (Defending starts from the front right etc?)

Ironically alot of these posters are the same ones saying Benteke just needs to be in a system where they "play to his strengths".

The points and contribution are FACTUAL, the rest is hypothetical.

Pointing out the proper response to your argument doesn't negate the response to your argument.

Your argument would literally work with any striker we put up front as long as he put in at least a single winning goal or assist all season even if he did jack shit otherwise. Because you could just claim that the points he won for us was "factual" and the rest is hypothetical.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And yet there are a bunch of teams within a couple of points of us so we can’t be considered dross either. And those teams are mostly established PL sides with no reason to suspect they will improve, whereas most of our players have 15-20 PL games under their belt and can be expected to continue adapting to this level.

Doesn't always work like that. I remember when people said that about our start, then we went to shit, and now we're kind of getting better but we could just as easily go to shit again.

There are actually a lot of newly promoted PL teams who start of relatively well and go to shit after, at least not much more of the opposite exists.

Edit: Actually you know what, I'm gonna go look at the stats to see if this is true. BRB

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Doesn't always work like that. I remember when people said that about our start, then we went to shit, and now we're kind of getting better but we could just as easily go to shit again.

There are actually a lot of newly promoted PL teams who start of relatively well and go to shit after, at least not much more of the opposite exists.

Edit: Actually you know what, I'm gonna go look at the stats to see if this is true. BRB

Didn’t Leicester start shit and then go on an insane unbeaten streak to survive in their first season up?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah we need some positive transfer news asap. Otherwise next we'll be arguing about McCormack not being given a fair chance... Lol

with them 2 up front ( McCormack & Hogan) the opposition could have laughed themselves to defeat....pity one has gone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Zlatan scored for AC Milan today. Piatek wasn't in the squad. 

He is on the verge of a move to Spurs - Would you expect him to be in the squad under such circumstances ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

He is on the verge of a move to Spurs - Would you expect him to be in the squad under such circumstances ?

Last I've heard Spurs were dicking around and nothing was imminent. In fact, last link in this thread regarding Piatek was about Villa's interest. Now, it's all rumor etc, but I thought it might be interesting information for the people here. I suppose I'll just stick to posting about Benteke, how transfers aren't easy to pull off, and what is and isn't forgivable. My mistake!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Last I've heard Spurs were dicking around and nothing was imminent. In fact, last link in this thread regarding Piatek was about Villa's interest. Now, it's all rumor etc, but I thought it might be interesting information for the people here. I suppose I'll just stick to posting about Benteke, how transfers aren't easy to pull off, and what is and isn't forgivable. My mistake!

He’ll be in the stands today. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Pepe Reina was in the squad.

Slightly different - The monies involved for Piatek are significantly more.

Even if the Piatek to spurs move  collapses -I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of him coming to villa - I don't think he is on the radar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I can pretty much guarantee you  that Piatek  isnt and never was coming to villa. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're right, just minus the 9 points he helped us with then.

Then we can do the weekly circular hypothetical argument about why literally ANY half decent striker would have thrived with the way the rest of the team were performing (and system) - and given us more points (Defending starts from the front right etc?)

Ironically alot of these posters are the same ones saying Benteke just needs to be in a system where they "play to his strengths".

The points and contribution are FACTUAL, the rest is hypothetical.

Yes it is factual. Its factual that he went 11 games without scoring. 4 games without hitting the target. But yeah, those 9 pts he helped in are all that count. 

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

Well who needs Villa Report when we have you then? 

Not sure of your point ? - you think Piatek is or might be coming to villa ? - you're perfectly entitled to that opinion. - I don't think he is.