January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Niclas Eliasson most assists in the Championship, plays out wide

Not seen much of him but is young and fits our profile 

He's rapid, but it took him 2 seasons to adjust to the Championship when he moved from Sweden.

May have an outside chance of making the Sweden squad for the Euro's as our national manager had him at Norrköping, but likely won't barring injuries.

People haven't got a clue which of our players have come from Smith and which have come from Pitarch, and I'm not sure why people pretend otherwise. All we know is they themselves have said that it's a joint effort and Smith always has final say. Plus this idea that Smith prefers players from the lower leagues doesn't ring true, I'm sure if offered the chance of signing players of decent quality from top tier leagues vs signing players from lower leagues he'd choose the former almost every time, It's not as if he's going to turn around and say no thanks to Piatek and insist we sign Assombalonga instead.

Edited by useless

Just now, villa4europe said:

the striker hunt is starting to look like the media playing a game of throw enough shit and something will stick, where's the obligatory defoe link?

That's how they ALWAYS work. I can't believe people get so wound up about this link or that link despite evidence every window that they are 99% wrong until a few hours before it is finalised. 

• Like 1

Typically villa are going to sign 2 strikers and a winger now and we will have no clue to who they are until they are signed.

So many dingles and wba clearings in the woods setting up accounts to spout shite about the villa.

I didnt include blues fans because we all know they are too busy with their sisters to go to the bother of posting false info

Some of the players we have been "linked" with are beyond the realms of reality? arsesombalonga and pineapple head gestede,....jesus wept

Latest we are being linked with is  that Arsehat Jay rodriguez....i swear can it get any worse?

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Typically villa are going to sign 2 strikers and a winger now and we will have no clue to who they are until they are signed.

So many dingles and wba clearings in the woods setting up accounts to spout shite about the villa.

I didnt include blues fans because we all know they are too busy with their sisters to go to the bother of posting false info

Some of the players we have been "linked" with are beyond the realms of reality? arsesombalonga and pineapple head gestede,....jesus wept

Latest we are being linked with is  that Arsehat Jay rodriguez....i swear can it get any worse?

Image result for nicklas helenius pants

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Said it before and I'll say it again, Jay Rodriguez would be a great signing for us. 

Yes, he's been a right bastard to play against, but he's got some nous which all our forwards lack.

Burnley would be absolutely mental to sell him to us. We've just gone there and outplayed them for 45 mins before sitting back and absorbing pressure for another 45. They're in this relegation scrap big time. That's why it won't happen.

Welcomed with open arms by me, but we'd need someone pacy as well I think.

• Like 1

Rodriguez has always struck me as one of THOSE players. The kind of player who you hate every time you see them play, and especially when they play against your team, but if they're in your team you absolutely love them. He's not the greatest but he's a real worker, can play wide, and is easily a better option than Hogan, Kodjia and Davis. If he were to come in as first choice this window I'd question it, but as the versatile rotational option to a first choice striker I think he'd actually do very well for us.

• Like 1

Jay Rodriguez only joined Burnley last summer, and I doubt Burnley would sell him to a relegation rival. Also he might have played wide in his career but he's not the kind of player that Smith would use in a wide position, so if we want a striker that can also play wide then I doubt it's Rodriguez.

8 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Rodriguez has always struck me as one of THOSE players. The kind of player who you hate every time you see them play, and especially when they play against your team, but if they're in your team you absolutely love them. He's not the greatest but he's a real worker, can play wide, and is easily a better option than Hogan, Kodjia and Davis. If he were to come in as first choice this window I'd question it, but as the versatile rotational option to a first choice striker I think he'd actually do very well for us.

Shane Long.

• Like 2

Surely there is no way that Burnley would sell to a relegation rival. Strengthening us and weakening them would be crazy. Only way could be if he has a buy out clause we can trigger. Smith did say that we had put up smokescreens to hide our summer business. Maybe this is the winter version.