January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Shane Long.

thought exactly the same, would maybe throw in kevin doyle when he was at wolves too, work rate pulled our defence about and he could occupy a back 4 as a lone striker, never really looks deadly or like scoring a tonne of goals apart from vs us, always up for it and buys in to this "derby" game that means more to their lot than it does ours, proper thorn in our side

Doesn't seem like we're going to be making the kind of signings people were expecting, I wasn't expecting the likes of Bowen, Eze, Benrahma and so on, but thought we might be able to get in a few highly rated players on loan and maybe a couple of promising youngsters for relatively cheap. Still a few decent stop-gaps until the end of the season could be what keeps us in the division, then in the summer we can see about making some bigger signings and taking our squad to the next level.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

ffs no thanks 

Some of the names being bandied around on here from some of the Twatter mob are incredibly depressing

Murray, Gestede, Assombalonga, even Benteke and now this dog shit journeyman ffs

I come on here for news/information/inspiration and hope and end up wanting to slit my wrists at those names as thats not even planning for life in the Championship, more like League 1 !!!!!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Doesn't seem like we're going to be making the kind of signings people were expecting, I wasn't expecting the likes of Bowen, Eze, Benrahma and so on, but thought we might be able to get in a few highly rated players on loan and maybe a couple of promising youngsters for relatively cheap. Still a few decent stop-gaps until the end of the season could be what keeps us in the division, then in the summer we can see about making some bigger signings and taking our squad to the next level.

I fear stop gaps will send us down and is a sign of past mentality... we need to improve our first team, not just fill gaps.

Spending on quality to at least stay up is the better approach imo, I know FFP is an issue but relegation would be a massive blow.... got to keep the likes of Grealish, McGinn & Mings and build a strong side around them...

Our big money striker is out for the rest of the season, we need a proper (if possible, better) replacement. That is the number 1 priority this window - we need a goalscorer more than anything.

I know we’re struggling at the bottom of the league but we still have to show some ambition and not forget the calibre of owners that we have...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Rodriguez is another striker that likes to drop deep and bring others into play similar to Wesley, and Maupay at Brighton, seems that this is the kind of striker that Smith likes, so this link makes sense with that mind. Only problem with it though is if you're going to have a striker that's more about bringing in others into play rather than scoring himself you need goal scoring wingers or wide forwards for it to work, which we don't really have.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Shocking rumours so far it has to be said, aside from the Polish guy which was clearly BS.

Many posters saying the media know nothing yet though they were very quick with the Drinkwater story in all fairness. As for the striker rumours surely it just has to be a proven Premier League striker in our situation? We can't be taking punts on players who've never played in the premier League or are in lower leagues surely? That would be one heck of a crazy risk unless they are genuinely World class which of course is never gonna happen anyhow.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

The good thing I found about the summer transfer window ending just before the season starts is that you can largely ignore all of the shite that comes with it if you want to and just know about transfers when they actually happen. The January window makes me miss that luxury as it really is just an unavoidable amount of absolute tripe.

• Like 1