January Transfers 2019/20

sne

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Talk about Newcastle being interested in Hourihane for 6mill. 

Time for Bruce to start doing his damage. 😂

We’ll do him a deal and let him have Lansbury for the same price with a free Neil Taylor thrown in for old times sake.

30 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Yeah but we are probably also top for ‘Big chances created against’.

If we are going to stay up we are going to have to sacrifice our all out attack abit 

Teams create against us when we aren't attacking. When we play proper football we look like we should be 10th +. Problem is we lose the ball to easily after we win it back constantly putting us under pressure till we break. 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

As if we'd let a midfielder go who's scored seven goals and assisted another two for £6m, and to a potential relegation rival at that. If Bruce was to work his magic and bring that deal into being a reality which surely he cannot, he'd be doing damage to us, not them, they'd have a bargain.

Looks good if you add the 4 goals against Crewe and second string Brighton and youth Liverpool in the cup

Or his three goals and two assists in the premier league in 775 minutes worth of football which works at out just over eight and half games worth football. Selling him for £6m to a relegation rival would be stupid, thankfully it's just a made up rumour started by that accura sports twitter...

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Teams create against us when we aren't attacking. When we play proper football we look like we should be 10th +. Problem is we lose the ball to easily after we win it back constantly putting us under pressure till we break. 

So, teams create against us when we don't have the ball? Well yeah I guess. Don't know how else are they supposed to create chances against us.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Or his three goals and two assists in the premier league in 775 minutes worth of football which works at out just over eight and half games worth football. Selling him for £6m to a relegation rival would be stupid, thankfully it's just a made up rumour started by that accura sports twitter account who.

Yeah it's bad business just tired of Hourihane going missing lately

I think eventually we'll replace him with better, but will have other priorities as it is this window, we might bring in another midfielder this window but don't think that it will be a replacement for Hourihane as such, more to cover McGinn's absence.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I have a sneaking feeling Benteke would be straight back to his best for us... I know few will agree but I’d love to see it.

Edit: ha, just signed a new Palace contract a few weeks ago. Surprising when he hasn’t been pulling up trees, but I guess they didn’t want to lose him on a free this summer.

I'm shocked that they offered him one. I guess his wages will have been reduced, to reflect the nosedive in his performance levels, since he decided that the grass would be greener away from Villa Park. The move didn't work out particularly well for the player or for us.

He was undoubtedly awesome when he was with us, but that is now sadly in the distant past. Had he stayed with us, he might have saved us from relegation back then, he might also still be a regular goalscorer and a current international. Had he returned in this window, he might have scored the goals to save us from possible relegation, he might also have returned to his best. I doubt it, but I guess we will never know. We can still remember him at his best, with us back then though.

• Like 1

Who have Newcastle got to offer us in exchange? If it's a cash deal to a potential relegation rival, then they need to find another £10m. Nice try Brucie!

Edited by John
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have there been a single credible link that we're after him? I thought the speculation started with a poster on here? 

Im not so sure on who it started with, im sure that i read that we were linked, in fact im sure i read with it also that because of John Terry that he could be the key in signing the Chelsea star.

But you know as well as the rest of us not to believe any of anything until the signing is actually made.

Munas Dabbur would be gettable I reckon.

Went to Sevilla last January, has hardly played. 

Loan be an option, could agree a fee of under £15m with it.

Good all round forward, could play wide if needed.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Look how she moves her arms so her tits shake

It's called the ripple effect, like a tidal wave of beauty, that you could watch in slow motion on repeat.

13 minutes ago, John said:

Who have Newcastle got to offer us in exchange? If it's a cash deal to a potential relegation rival, then they need to find another £10m. Nice try Brucie!

No, just no no no no nooooooo, please do not even suggest dwight Gayle, no no noooooo.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, useless said:

Or his three goals and two assists in the premier league in 775 minutes worth of football which works at out just over eight and half games worth football. Selling him for £6m to a relegation rival would be stupid, thankfully it's just a made up rumour started by that accura sports twitter...

30 mill bruce and hes yours.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, useless said:

30 mill bruce and hes yours.

Just throwing these (already linked) names out there, no idea who we are actually after and who would want to sign for us:

GK - Etheridge?

Wingers/Forwards - Benrahma, Bowen

Striker - Batshuayi (Loan to buy)

Loans - Giroud & Pedro (I think they would get more attractive offers from abroad but maybe we could persuade them by assuring they’ll get a sustained run of games ahead of the Euros, provided they are performing and being professional. Can also put themselves in the shop window for the summer transfer window. Could help both parties. They would really strengthen our side in the short term which is what we really need right now.)

Honestly can’t think of any/many others and forgive me for not trusting Suso but he hasn’t been much use to us so far. Hoping Deano has some specific targets in mind (much the same way he wanted Mings) that can boost the first team.

Get these signings right and we could end the season on a high...

Hope we can get rid of a few too, we haven’t quite completed the clean up job.

Would love a better LB but much more important positions to fill/improve. Send Taylor on his way and Targett can be back up.

Edited by Jas10

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Without wanting to turn this in to the lovely ladies thread, i see nigella lawson has turned 60 & has an "official" pic published.

10/10 WB 🤤 

An "official" pic? I'm lost.