Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, av1 said:

I've defended Wesley so far this season, but this is poor. 

Me too, but we don’t play to him. He is trying too hard on the scraps he has. I think today Davis should get his chance.

I think we are still careless in possession, Jack not finding his groove today either. I would think about swapping Jack today for Hourihane or Jota. 

Arsenal. What a bunch of rocket polishers. Really wish the ref would show a few of them a yellow when they start to surround the him like they did before the red. It's pure intimidation and absolutely disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

How did Sokratis not get booked for conning the ref? 

El Ghazi and Wesley are hugely disappointing for us. El Ghazi led a 5-man counter there and held on to it instead of playing it out wide. Terrible play from him. 

Trez did the same two minutes later. They are both goofy at times, but they try.

I'd sub one of them for Hourihane at half time, and Wesley for Davis. I'd do these changes even if we're winning and comfortable. Hourihane would seal it, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Bjorn Engels again, what a absolute delight he is.

Been very impressed with Trezeguet today as well, he must be knackered all the ground he has covered.

Less said about Wesley the better, he's made the usual fragile Arsenal centre backs look fairly solid :( 

The game is just so easy to him. He already knows where to be before the ball is even played, it's brilliant.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, av1 said:

A good DCM never gets the credit they deserve. Aside from the 2 center backs Nakamba is the last person on the pitch that I'd consider replacing. 

Maybe after 60 minutes and he is tiring. But I'd rather sub mcginn off first as he always looks on the verge of collapse for the last 20 minutes of a game. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Much better than I expected, this is the best performance of the season for us, IMO.

I'd give Davis a go, and perhaps bring on Hourihane. 

70 mins at Spurs.

Everton match.

Id say our third best this season 😬

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Another attack minded midfielder would keep them defensively occupied. Bringing on a DM when Wet Spam went down to 10 cost us the chance to win that game.

This is why you're not a football manager and by the way we happen to be winning this game.

• Like 1