Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, av1 said:

I've defended Wesley so far this season, but this is poor. 

Sorry but we could be waiting a second season for Wes to come to grips properly, I don't see point in getting at players in a first seasons, especially a season that isn't even a quarter done yet.

We have to have faith in the man.

I will say this but I'm wondering if his fitness still isn't upto full, he does look tired. I would and be more happy if we had two strikers we could rotate regular for different styles.

January hurry, as im pretty much happy with our squad, however i feel we still need to build in positions. To me its clear and obvious we need a LB, two more Wingers and most certainly a striker. Not a striker because I don't think Wes can't hack it but because I feel he need competition and needs someone with experience. might not be such a bad idea if we got a new no1 striker in and Wes moves to no2, he maybe better as a sub striker down the line till he picks up speed and learns more.

Time will tell but think we may need to break the bank of a striker come January.

• Like 3

Jack been brilliant but he is nervous. As unsure of his own passing as I've ever seen him.

Anything other than a win when already 1-0 up vs 10 men for 60 mins isn't acceptable really.

But I'm a big wet blanket so I'd take a point now. Losing this would obliterate confidence.

They're open, we can score again.

2 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

West Ham' s result today shows that a point whilst having chances to score and win was good for us on reflection ;) we are nowhere near as poor as our league position suggests!

Our performances, and most importantly our defence have been good this season. We deserved points from every game we played this season bar Spurs. Not too many teams outside the top 6 who can say the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The game is just so easy to him. He already knows where to be before the ball is even played, it's brilliant.

He's always at a perfect angel and distance. Nullifying every dangerous situation. Reads the game so well. He's world class. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But i cannot for my life understand why Wesley keep starting.

What does Davis have to do to get into the team, seriously? 

Look like scoring a goal?

Look I'm a bit concerned about Wesley ATM but Davis is a million miles away from becoming a PL striker. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But i cannot for my life understand why Wesley keep starting.

What does Davis have to do to get into the team, seriously? Is Wesley un droppable or something? Is it in his contract?

Too much money spent to drop him. As said Dean has to have big balls to drop him. I reckon against ten men Davies would be a better choice