Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its been a classic away performance. Well done the team and coaches

they've been gettin down the sides fairly easily though which is a concern

lets hope that walking red card Xhaka goes in the second half too

I think I'd get Elmo on for Guilbert. They've walked past him a few times

Maybe we won’t win today, maybe we will be very unhappy in an hour, but it is so so so much better than when we were last here. Remember our last PL season? It was awful. There’s a lot to do this season but it’s so nice to not be THAT awful, isn’t it? Low bar I know, haha. But I believe in the project!

Just now, ender4 said:

70 mins at Spurs.

Everton match.

Id say our third best this season 😬

Fair enough. I don't agree though.

Spurs **** battered us, but just couldn't get the goals for a long time. Look at the stats. It was attack vs defence. I thought we really rode our luck against Everton as well. We just about deserved the win, but they could have easily turned it around if Walcott wasn't **** shite. This is the best team performance from us, IMO, but let's see if it continues... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The game is just so easy to him. He already knows where to be before the ball is even played, it's brilliant.

Early days and all but so far I've not seen such a cultured centre half at Villa. I've seen some great centre halves for us, McGrath, Southgate, Ugo, Laursen, Mellberg etc but none as cultured as Engels, so good on the ball and never looks flustered, nothing last ditch about him, reads things very well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

It's not part of the PL VAR directive. They check goals, penalties, red cards, and mistaken identity. Stops every decisions n going to review as the main complaint fro  other leagues seemed to be constant delays. Obviously still isn't quite right. 

Great start from us. But we seriously need to stop taking our foot of the has when we go a goal up. We have to go for a second no question. 

As a Greek sokratis should be absolutely ashamed of himself the cheating bastard. That was embarrassing and he should have got booked for simulation. 

What a joke and desperate tactics. Let's hope we don't do a spurs here. As easily could have been 1-1 if auba didn't miss that sitter.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Wesley’s effort needs to pick up when things aren’t going well. Few times I’ve seen him deep then not join in the counter. Get on your bike.

It's infuriating, he's not working hard enough. Arsenal are a shambles at the back, the least he could do is apply more pressure on their centre halves. 

Just now, adw95 said:

It's not part of the PL VAR directive. They check goals, penalties, red cards, and mistaken identity. Stops every decisions n going to review as the main complaint fro  other leagues seemed to be constant delays. Obviously still isn't quite right. 

It's shit

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack atrocious first 20 minutes. Wesley poor again. El Ghazi poor.

Rest superb. Arsenal going down to 10 men worries me.

I see it as an opportunity. Especially since DS can deal with it now during HT. Not worried. We've looked the better team.