Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, av1 said:

Look like scoring a goal?

Look I'm a bit concerned about Wesley ATM but Davis is a million miles away from becoming a PL striker. 

I honestly think he is. He will never be the greatest of goalscorers, but I am pretty sure the other bits of his play like hold-up etc. is premier league level. 

Obviously he's young and needs time, but writing him off is madness. Especially when we got **** all options. 

Theoretically full strength today, we should be pleased we are playing well. We still have no cutting edge or goal threat though. 

‘Would love to see Wes step,up and Jack take charge of the middle as they are down to 10. It’s a big chance for all.

Wesley is a big money signing, new to the league and in theory could come good with more time, totally makes sense to stick with him for a while given the lack of options on in the squad. Had we signed another striker (and we were in for one in the summer) it's possible that he would be out of the side by now or soon at least.

• Like 2

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I honestly think he is. He will never be the greatest of goalscorers, but I am pretty sure the other bits of his play like hold-up etc. is premier league level. 

Obviously he's young and needs time, but writing him off is madness. Especially when we got **** all options. 

From his appearances this season he looks at least as good as Wesley at the hold up stuff, if not better.

• Like 1