Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Well that's rather excellent - we've made chances, we're ahead and they're down to ten and looking a bit disjointed in front of unhappy home fans.

Wesley and El Ghazi not quite firing, but McGinn, Grealish and Trezeguet very good and defensively okay.

Niles unable to deal with the attacking threat of erm Neil Taylor and Xhaka on a booking - they're on a tightrope here.

Good, good, good - keep it up Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Absolutely mental. Marvelous is playing well and has a vital role to play.

A good DCM never gets the credit they deserve. Aside from the 2 center backs Nakamba is the last person on the pitch that I'd consider replacing. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed it's about time players deceiving officials were made examples of and got sent off.

VAR should sort this out but if they don't want to do that they should definitely review such incidents post match and give out lengthy bans.  They will learn eventually. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely mental. Marvelous is playing well and has a vital role to play.

Another attack minded midfielder would keep them defensively occupied. Bringing on a DM when Wet Spam went down to 10 cost us the chance to win that game.

Looked at least a yellow from the angle I saw.

I don't mean that, I mean how long he let the arsenal player stay on the floor without producing the card.

Admittedly I'm only listening to WM so it's hard to tell exactly what is going on. I get the impression the end result was the right one, it just took a long time to get there.

Bjorn Engels again, what a absolute delight he is.

Been very impressed with Trezeguet today as well, he must be knackered all the ground he has covered.

Less said about Wesley the better, he's made the usual fragile Arsenal centre backs look fairly solid :( 

• Like 1