Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

It's because we haven't even given a crap Palace even one little thing to think about that I'm so concerned, not that we've lost the game. 

If you wanted to take positives from this performance, what could you take? Heaton maybe. Can't think of much else. 

Yep. 

It's been **** terrible. One game out of 4 were we have looked good enough to get pts. That's worrying. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree but given how average Palace have been you could see that this game represented an opportunity to get something out of it had we not been so incompetent. 

Agreed. But I think as far as Palace go this is the best they're going to play. For us, it can't get much worse.

Bad day at the office. 

Move onto the next one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Disagree. Think Davis on was a bold choice and I can see what he was trying to do. It just hasn't worked out for us (although I think Davis has done his job well).

I think since we haven't improved by the subs and he didn't use any subs before we got red carded, I think it's safe to say this isn't Deano's best match for us. 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Real shocker from Smith this.

Getting played off the park by Palace is embarrassing.

Another under estimation of Palace then, they are a decent side (see last week) with their tails up. We've not played well at all yet we really haven't been played off the park. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm struggling to remember a shot on target for us since Wesley's one after ten seconds.

There was a really tame header on about 60 minutes.

We've hardly threatened, may as well not have bothered turning up to be honest.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Can see Chelsea finishing bottom half this season, with respect to Lampard,  he has the shittest Chelsea squad for a long long time. Probably be out soon too!

Zuma with the own goal.

He's been their most difficult opponent this season.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think since we haven't improved by the subs and he didn't use any subs before we got red carded, I think it's safe to say this isn't Deano's best match for us. 

Didn't say it was Deano's best match. I said I can see why he brought Davis on and I don't think it was a poor sub.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Smiths biggest problem is he has no clue when it’s not going well. Same problem last season.

I think it's that we've bought player who can only play one way - we've got no pace - and just about every team in this league has a bit of lightning - if you took the twenty odd players here and raced them over 40 yards, I don't think there'd be a Villa player in the first eight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Smiths biggest problem is he has no clue when it’s not going well. Same problem last season.

Exactly right.

He had to do something after that 1st half, yet he did nothing.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

It's because we haven't even given a crap Palace even one little thing to think about that I'm so concerned, not that we've lost the game. 

If you wanted to take positives from this performance, what could you take? Heaton maybe. Can't think of much else. 

There are no positives really. Didn't have a chance to get going thanks to the ref but it was a crap performance before that. But it's the 4th game of the season. A team like us are going to have scrappy, ugly away losses like this. When we start getting turned over at home frequently like we used to last time we were in this league is when I'd start to worry.

• Like 1