Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I do think people were underestimating Palace before this game. They've got a good team tbf. 

It's an odd one for me. They're well drilled but I don't think they're particularly good. I think if you do your jobs properly, make the right decisions and don't have a shit ref, you should beat them.

edit: I do know what you mean though in terms of some Villa fans' comments prior to the game.

Edited by Troglodyte
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So many of them do. 

That's my concern. 

That's where Smith has shown the most naivety imo when putting this squad together. They can't compete physically at all. Spurs, Everton (Wesley aside in that one) and now Palace have bullied us in that aspect.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

It's an odd one for me. They're well drilled but I don't think they're particularly good. I think if you do your jobs properly, make the right decisions and don't have a shit ref, you should beat them.

When Zaha is on form he can cause anyone problems. Which is exactly what he's done today. Shit ref mind.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do think people were underestimating Palace before this game. They've got a good team tbf. 

I agree but given how average Palace have been you could see that this game represented an opportunity to get something out of it had we not been so incompetent. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I have to say Smith's subs have been shocking today. Really disappointing 

Disagree. Think Davis on was a bold choice and I can see what he was trying to do. It just hasn't worked out for us (although I think Davis has done his job well).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I remember why I didn't miss being in the PL. Every bad result is the end of the world. It's a long season. One lucky goal by a crap Palace isn't going to change that.

It's because we haven't even given a crap Palace even one little thing to think about that I'm so concerned, not that we've lost the game. 

If you wanted to take positives from this performance, what could you take? Heaton maybe. Can't think of much else. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree but given how average Palace have been you could see that this game represented an opportunity to get something out of it had we not been so incompetent. 

Yup, they've been quite poor. We've been worse. These are the types of games we need to be winning if we're going to get 40 points on the board.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree but given how average Palace have been you could see that this game represented an opportunity to get something out it, had we not been so incompetent. 

Palace's results really haven't been that bad.  They lack goals, we lack goals - it was always going to be a tight game with the odd goal to win it.

This place is pretty infuriating for bedwetting after any sort of bad result.  Going to be a long season.

• Like 1

Every cross we've put in has been pretty much stamped out, no service whatsoever to Wesley, our midfield as been way to ineffective today.