Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

**** me this is worrying. 

We've been utterly bullied. They are faster, stronger and better in every way. 

Agreed, some of our key players aren't adapting quick enough to this level, especially Grealish and McGinn IMO. We also have issues on both flanks, not creating anywhere near enough for Wesley. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Been hard playing against 12 men, especially now we only have 10 men.  We should’ve been able to deal with that situation with Ayew though.

We did deal with it, he tried to knock it through and got a stupidly lucky ricochet to go clear

• Thanks 1

No outright errors today like against Bournemouth but just too many poor decisions. Trez jumping in when on a yellow and having seen what a clearing in the woods Kevin Friend is, as well as Jack's choices and at times his execution (despite his effort and taking up good positions) among others.

We always knew that games like this would happen, it's of no surprise to me that palace have done this to us considering they beat Man Utd right??

Palace seem to be in fine form at the moment and I'm very surprised that it isn't 4-0 being one man down for most of a half and being pressed tons.

• Like 1

Jordan Ayew has a punchable face but I don't blame him for celebrating. It's shit when players don't celebrate against former clubs, except in exceptional circumstances e.g. being a very long-serving player, youth product with vast experience.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

The goals we've conceded this season have been so easy, it's a bit of a concern. 

We've been exposed defensively far too often this season, we've been very fortunate that teams haven't had their shooting boots on. Spurs could have been a bloodbath, and we were clearly second best to Everton. Our defence looks pretty vulnerable in every game, and I fear we don't have the firepower up front to compensate for it.

• Like 1