Cameron Archer

Zatman

Who ever doesn't come up out of Leeds and Southampton would be able to afford him,

if Norwich don't come up and sell Rowe they would be able to afford him

Middlesbrough have the Rogers money and probably money will probably get twenty million plus for Hackney

Hull will likely be getting a big fee for Jacob Greaves, and potentially some money for Philogene

Burnley would be able to afford him

Sheffield United have said he's leaving them because they need the guaranteed money, but haven't ruled him going back there longer term

After the success of Rogers and Wharton a lot of clubs will be looking towards the Championship for talent, so some clubs might have more money to spend than usual

We ourselves might be intereted in a Championship player, and look to use Archer as part of the deal to bring that player in

And then there's the possibility of him going to another Premier League team, maybe Ipswich, or whoever comes up from play-offs

I'm not sure another loan would be that bad if it's to the right club, as if he helps them get promoted, we would probably get a bigger then than we would now

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Championship clubs can't afford them and if they can it means Monchi **** up not cashing in last summer. I don't care if it gives us 18m on the books for the next x year.

eh we did cash in on him, we sold him to the highest bidder and he chose to join them with a return clause

not sure what the issue is

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

eh we did cash in on him, we sold him to the highest bidder and he chose to join them with a return clause

not sure what the issue is

Well we didn't because he's coming back here. Unless we get to keep the 18m or whatever.

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well we didn't because he's coming back here. Unless we get to keep the 18m or whatever.

Nobody bid 18 million for him. We took the best offer we got

Yeah exactly.

We'd have sold him for £18m if Sheffield were a Premier League quality team able to spend Premier League money. They weren't, so they didn't. 

We effectively got a decent loan fee for him and get to re-roll the dice again on selling him.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Such a shame he had a poor season with Sheffield… I was hoping he’d improve showcase his ability 

Kind of hard to do in one of the worst teams in PL history.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Such a shame he had a poor season with Sheffield… I was hoping he’d improve showcase his ability 

I personally think scoring four goals in that dreadful side age 21/22 won’t have hurt his career at all. Plenty of PL teams will fancy him. 

It’s only 3 seasons since he scored four in 20+ games for Solihull Moors in nonleague, he’s doing fine.

I'm not sure it has been a poor season for him.

He's not got a lot of goals...but that's because Sheffield have been so bad as a team.

If you look at the goals he has scored though, there's some great strikes and teams will recognise that he's a good player. 

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I personally think scoring four goals in that dreadful side age 21/22 won’t have hurt his career at all. Plenty of PL teams will fancy him. 

It’s only 3 seasons since he scored four in 20+ games for Solihull Moors in nonleague, he’s doing fine.

Blimey, is that all he got, i didn't really keep tabs on him while he was there, was he a regular starter for them

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Blimey, is that all he got, i didn't really keep tabs on him while he was there, was he a regular starter for them

Their top scorer has 6. He's on about 500 mins per goal 

Â