Cameron Archer

Zatman

I think when he was sold, there was a compulsory buy back if they get relegated. What do we reckon that means?  I presume it's not the full buy back, so what we paid or a bit more?

It certainly made sense at the time and covers us losing a potential loss of a chunk of money depending on that situation.

Still no better off on how good he is. Not many strikers would have much success at Sheffield Utd. Still not convinced he's got a good enough off the ball game but still hard to tell.

How does his value hold after this season?

And where will that leave us with FFP?

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
Forgot to mention ffp

I don’t think the buyback clause is mandatory, the ball is in our court, it will be mandatory if we want it to be, however if we don’t exercise it then that’s fine too. Fwiw I think Sheffield United aren’t quite “streetwise” enough.

Stick him in a dyche team or moyes team at the current Everton or West Ham and he would do better because these teams would be able to get the ball to him and create chances in a way that Sheffield United just can’t. He has to do quite a lot of defensive work coming off the flank for them too, so it’s not been ideal. put him in a team that can play the gritty style well and he will look a lot better 

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

I don’t think the buyback clause is mandatory, the ball is in our court, it will be mandatory if we want it to be, however if we don’t exercise it then that’s fine too. Fwiw I think Sheffield United aren’t quite “streetwise” enough.

Stick him in a dyche team or moyes team at the current Everton or West Ham and he would do better because these teams would be able to get the ball to him and create chances in a way that Sheffield United just can’t. He has to do quite a lot of defensive work coming off the flank for them too, so it’s not been ideal. put him in a team that can play the gritty style well and he will look a lot better 

He would have an injured neck with the ball going over his head every few minutes

Just now, Zatman said:

He would have an injured neck with the ball going over his head every few minutes

Haha yeah a lot of the time it would bypass him however I see him getting scrappy chances in the box. They will play a proper 442 aswell with a big beast like Beto or Antonio winning knockdowns that enable him to run in behind. At Sheffield United he has to do everything alone as mcburnie is always suspended lol

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I don't think he would fit in well with Dyche or Moyes teams for the reason Ings hasn't worked out at West Ham because it requires a lot of 1v1 involvements. When you think of those teams, it's either deep crosses or players effective off the dribble. Doucore, McNeil, Harrison can all carry the ball and deliver the finall ball/shot and Calvert-Lewin is a much better hold up player than Archer. Same for Bowen, Paqueta, and Kudus at West Ham.

I like Archer, but he was made for a team like Boro in the championship that can play decent football so he gets a lot of chances at it without doing too much of the ball carrying and holding up. He plays best in a 2 but Sheffield are just too poor even when they play him with McBurnie up top.

Ironically enough, he could have probably done a better job at Burnley where they're desperate for a forward that can take a chance with Foster having been unavailable.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I don't think he would fit in well with Dyche or Moyes teams for the reason Ings hasn't worked out at West Ham because it requires a lot of 1v1 involvements. When you think of those teams, it's either deep crosses or players effective off the dribble. Doucore, McNeil, Harrison can all carry the ball and deliver the finall ball/shot and Calvert-Lewin is a much better hold up player than Archer. Same for Bowen, Paqueta, and Kudus at West Ham.

I like Archer, but he was made for a team like Boro in the championship that can play decent football so he gets a lot of chances at it without doing too much of the ball carrying and holding up. He plays best in a 2 but Sheffield are just too poor even when they play him with McBurnie up top.

Ironically enough, he could have probably done a better job at Burnley where they're desperate for a forward that can take a chance with Foster having been unavailable.

I agree he wouid have been a much better signing for a possession based team like Burnley

6 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Surprised that he celebrated the goal. Thought he would have had a bit more respect. 

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

From the broadcast I watched it didn’t look like he did?

It was as subdued as it gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tegis said:

It was as subdued as it gets.

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

From the broadcast I watched it didn’t look like he did?

You're right, I take it back - I was very annoyed when he scored and it looked like he was going to rub it in our faces a bit and the players held him back but clearly I was seeing things! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Nothing wrong with celebration. Game showed us everything about him. Limited in open play but works hard and is lethal. 

Kind of player we needed today. Watkin's all round game is better but not needed in games like this, we needed a finisher in the box.

Â